OCZ4001024ELDCGE-K

system I'm planing to build

DFI Lanparty UT nf4 Ultra-D 939

AMD 3800 Venice

evga 7600GT

Enermax EG565P 535w

OCZ4001024ELDCGE-K

WD 80gig sata

hi guys, don't know if this is the right thread to ask, but since the thread's name is NF4 Memory advice... i try here, to avoid to open a new topic...

a friend is going to buy a DFI NF4 Ultra-D (maybe) + Opteron 146 (CACJE 0601GPAW)+ Artic Cooling Freezer A64 at a very very low price on a Computer's forum...

now he wants to get very good memories to try to achieve a good overclock result and get the best from the stuff he's buying at low price:

he wanted to buy: 2x1GB OCZ PC-4000 GOLD GX XTC (OCZ5002048ELGEGXT-K) - CL 3-4-3-8

but he found only: 2x1GB OCZ PC-4000 Platinum Edition (OCZ5002048EBPE-K) - CL 3-3-2-8

should he wait and get the Gold edition ones? or the overclock difference is worth the price of the Platinum ones?

another (little OT i know) question: is the Opteron 146 the right choice to get it to overclock? or should i tell him to look at something else ( A64 X2 3800+ / 4200+ for example)?

thank you for your advice!

• 4 weeks later...

Hey all,

Wandering if this memory is recommanded for DFI Lanparty nF4 SLi-DR 939 mb

OCZ Performance 2GB (2 x 1GB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200) Dual Channel Kit System Memory Model OCZ4002048PFDC-K - Retail

Cas Latency: 3

Heat Spreader: Yes

Timing: 3-3-3-8

Voltage: 2.6V

Model #: OCZ4002048PFDC-K

If you are still looking to upgrade/get the most of of your current PC I have a small list for us UK members.

Quite a few still available from this place

http://www.memory-configurator.co.uk/produ...pacity-2Gb.html

OCZ Platinum EB PC4000 3-3-2-8 2x1GB kit (Only place in the UK I can find, 0 left now)

http://www.aria.co.uk/ProductInfoComm.asp?ID=23388

Obviously all the other usual online retailers have nothing left.

I think you bette remove anything Ballistix from any of our Recommended lists before users here show up at your house with torches and pitchforks.

There's no possible way we can or will ever recommend their memory after what they did to hundreds of our users (and thousands of others)

• 2 weeks later...

I need to try and figure out why my dfi based computer will not boot past the windows XP booting screen when I have TWO memory modules installed (in slots 2 & 4). Memory is Centon (memorypower) 1GBPC3200 x 2.

TCL: 3

Trcd: 3

Tras: 8

@ 1T timing)

with one stick....

what do I have to do to install the second stick and have this thing run?