Shipping BIOS support x2 processors?

As the title implies, I'll be ordering a new NF4 SLI-DR board and a 4400+ x2 processor and I'm wondering in the shipping BIOS on these monsters supports the dual core cpu's straight out of the box? I ask because if not, I won't have another 939 pin CPU to put in there to flash it on up?..

Also, what BIOS is everyone having the best results with? I will be doing some mild oc'ing but stability is more important at this point. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

v/r

Mike

I flashed the bios at first boot to the latest official with the X2 seated without a problem. I've been fine so far on that bios.

Other folks seem to be using the 7.04 bta from the BIOS factory board in the Overclocking section. It's up to you and your comfort level. I also read the disclaimers associated with the beta and/or unofficial bioses before flashing with them.

I am quite happy that it was unlike the MSI P4N I built for someone with an 830 Smithfield. I had to strip a 775 socket P4 chip from another machine to flash the bios on that board before I could do anything. I was luck I had a machine from which I could borrow an older socket 775 CPU...

David

My system had the weirdest bootup problems with an old (unknown) bios version, it took me about 10-reboots to get to the bios flash-screen... After flashing to 6.23-3 version, it worked like a charm and havent had any issues since...