Can i do better

Are your Ballstix 2 x 512MB modules or larger? The 240 x 10.5, that's pretty good with the timings you have listed, 2.5-2-2-2-10. Also, at 2.8v on the RAM. Nice. Personally, I'd be happy with that, but you may be going for max or a higher OC..?

I have some BH-5 sticks now. I picked them up used, through forum sale/trade. I'd say BH-5 or BH-6. You might be able to find some used in the various forums where you can buy/trade. I'm unsure about CH-x Winbond modules. It sounds like the older Winbond is the way to go on these boards, and I'd have to agree with that.

I also have some Hynix DT-D5 sticks. Those sticks don't really seem to like this board, at least not nearly as much as the BH-5s. I have noticed a world of difference with the Winbond, when compared to the Hynix. Stability, speed and so on, the Winbonds blow my other sticks out of the water. They do definitely need more voltage though.

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes 2x512 medianOCer. For the last couple of weeks i've been running 250x10 with timings at 2.5-4-3-3-11 rock solid. Just can't make my mind up to stay at that or move back to my sig specs. The main problem with clocking anymore is my cpu is maxed out at 2500mhz. With the spec i'm running at the moment, 250x10, the cpu needs 1.8v. The spec in my sig needs 1.85, and no amount of extra voltage will get me any higher.

Yeah, hear you on that Shin... I was referring to the older Winbond modules being better on NF2s, and my being unsure about the older CH modules; I haven't done as much digging on those. Thanks for your input.

The UTT/CH-5s I have seen some decent results/reports concerning. I was considering getting some of those, but glad I did find someone wanting to part with some older BHs (which I really like).

Well as you can see from below, i did get some ocz xv and boy am i glad i did.

screenshotmedium2ox.jpg

I think Median must have done something wrong cos it flies in my mobo :)

UTT CH-5 defo does the jobby for me :nod:

Just a quick side note, how the hell do i get images to display on the forum rather than a link :confused:

Well as you can see from below, i did get some ocz xv and boy am i glad i did.

http://img349.imageshack.us/my.php?image=screenshot7rf.jpg

I think Median must have done something wrong cos it flies in my mobo :)

UTT CH-5 defo does the jobby for me :nod:

Just a quick side note, how the hell do i get images to display on the forum rather than a link :confused:

Images

The ] tag allows you to embed images within tag to maked images become links.

Usage img

Example Usage [img ]http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/images/statusicon/forum_new.gif [/img ]

use the tags with no spaces.Had to show how without linking:)

Nice :) Thats about right for UTT CH-5 in these boards. And MUCH better than old CH-5. Now lets see if you can reach that elusive 250mhz :nod:

I recommend you burn them in, might help you get there ;)

I have a guide i did somewhere if you want it.

Btw, is the CPC Enabled or Disabled?