Can i do better

I think ive come to the end of the line as far as clocking with my present hardware goes. I would like to be able to run at Cas2, but can't with the Ballistix i've got. The question is would it be worth getting some OCZ 4000vx, it's rated at Cas2 at 250fsb but on A64 platform. Would or does it do 250fsb on NF2. Any help or comments on this would be very helpfull.

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think that guides entirely upto date. I know they did use UTT CH-5 but i'm pretty sure they changed to UTT BH-5 now.

Email AndyOCZ, you'll find the link to his email in his sig HERE and see what he says. He'll be able to tell you exactly what they are using now. Let us know what he says :)

You'd be very lucky getting 250FSB from UTT CH-5 on these boards. Some have got lucky and managed it but a lot havent, and some of those who have needed volt mods.

Steelballzz didn't have much luck with his VX as you can see. It does much better in A64 boards. You can go for it if you want and if you have problems then you'll just have to RMA it.

So, what ya gonna do with your Ballistix now? Thats decent stuff.

After a lot of hunting around over the last week or so i think i'm going to stick with what i've got. Steelballzz's experience, plus a few others i've seen on other forums tells me it's a no-go on my rig. It could be that i would'nt notice much difference between Cas2 and 2.5 anyway. Thanks for the pointers shinobi, now lets see if i can get a bit more out of this anyway.