4400+ NOT stable at 2.7

Ashish

no, im saying i have set teh VID up to 1.6v, and even 1.625v to make sure software wasnt reading low.

i do 1.35v for my current OC and there is no way im going to push that much extra voltage to get to 2.6ghz from 2.5ghz... there is either something im doing wrong, or i just have a bad core

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Andrew, I, personally found, that at a 10x multiplier, I could run lower vcore than an 11x. My problem was getting good ram timings at 265 to 270. I actually get better marks and bandwidth at 240 x11 with maximized ram settings. In your case, have you tried going up *1* or *2* at a time? like from 250 to 252 and then test it to see at that voltage where its stable to? You should, in theory, once you find that, be able to nudge it up again, based on a small vcore increase. There does come a point of diminishing return tho on these dual cores. For me to go to 2.8 which I can, I can use my box to bake a batch a brownies as I use air. When you say Prime stable, how long are you running Prime to determine that? Did you try that HCI memtester first before Prime? Again, I have found that oc'n these dual core chips is a tedious process. You say that Prime kicks out shorlty on fsb raise, but are you sure its a cpu probelm and not a ram problem? That HCI memtester will tell you that.

So going from 250 to 253 you couldn't get stable? Doesn't make sense, unless your chip is bad. Again though, to say ram *should* be fine to 260 doesn't mean it is with current settings. Again, I suggest you run that memtest I listed 1st then run Prime. Obviously you have this config saved. On your current config raise vcore to 1.375 or 1.4 @110% this should give you 1.46 or 1.49 actual. Set your ram to auto except enable cpc. Raise cpu fsb to 255. If it boots run that memtester 1st to determine ram stability. If stable then run Prime to determine CPU stability. Again, oc'n these damn dual cores is, it was for me, a tedious process with no quick solution. Be patient with what you attempt to do. I am still playing with things, when I have time, and this box has been up a month now.