Won't Post, Help!

Hey guys, I recently got RMA'd my mobo, solved one problem but now I have another. Before the PC would not boot at all, but now that I got the new mobo in all the fans spin, and the it will boot up. However, the PC will not post. Nothing on the monitor at all.

I tried to switch the RAM in every different slot, Tried both sticks.

Tried clearing CMOS.

I dont have another PCI-Express video card to try out, but the video card fan spins, dont know if that counts for anything.

I dont have a replacement CPU or Hard drive to toss in and test it out.

Im all out of ideas and just really frustrated atm. Any help would be appreciated very much.

it will boot up. However, the PC will not post.

I'm a little confused by this. Do you see the nf4 splash screen or anything at all?

When you cleared the cmos, did you remove the battery, unplug, let it sit in clear position for atleast a few minutes, replace jumper, battery and plug in? If not try this, and only have 1 stick in slot 2 (furthest orange slot), cpu and video card. No hard drives, printers, etc, just the bare essentials. Maybe take it out of the case too, just to make sure it's not shorting out on something. There are diagnostic lights in there, what are they telling you?

Hmmm... your power supply sucks, but thats all I can think of atm.

Try moving the ram to the ORANGE sluts, I mean slots, lol.

please do not speak such rubbish. The Modstream 520w is more than enough power for the system this user has. This is an admin warning to you to learn how to speak your piece in this forum (especially when you have no facts to back up your ridiculous claim)

yavim if you want, you can email me (link in sig) and send me your board, cpu, and memory to let me test. I have a very nice working DAGF sitting here not being used (and it overclocked my X2 4400+ to 240x11 @ 4x512MB of Centon TCCD pretty easily as well as my 3200+ Venice to 275x10 so if yours is defective, you'll get this one lol)

Well, what I can tell you is that your experience is EXACTLY what happened to me and my original seasonic s12 powersupply!!! My system would boot, fans on, NO POST. If you could, try it with another psu.... 24 pin.

the seasonic psu's have a specific problem that we are working with Seasonic to correct on our boards. The Powerstream and Modstream psu's do not have these issues.

It COULD be a bad power supply, but its senseless to claim that a psu on the "A" list is trash without testing the individual psu.

OCZ 520w Modstream
Hmmm... your power supply sucks, but thats all I can think of atm.

Try moving the ram to the ORANGE slots

Why do you say that? :confused:

Agreed that it is not a PowerStream or a PC P&C 510, but it is still a damn fine PSU for non-SLI.

There might be something wrong with this one PSU.

Test like this: http://forums.extremeoverclocking.com/show...ad.php?t=137886

If there is, I can guarantee you that OCZ will make this customer happy! :nod:

Dave

520 powerstream sucks?/???

its the best PSU i have ever owned in my life and all those kids saying u need 600watts with these boards are nuts

the 420powerstream would prob be perfect i personally thought 520 watt was overkill but it had a lil better rails so w/e

but ur psu is not the issue!