Tmod and loggan26's Bios Flash CD & Utility CDs NF/4/3/2+ATI

Guest Tmod_merged

its not .BIN files you have in there but .IMG so was wondering what or any advice you could give or if it is possible.

I have never tried just changing the img file.

You could just change one of the bin files in a image file and use that as your own personal modded bios.

BTW: I haven't seen Shinobi in quite some time, Don't know what happen to him.

Tmod

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool there is indeed a 5.064 version and the 3 types are there so not a problem for inserting into different bios.

ChannelZ you dont have a sig and it would help if you made one when posting, which bios do you use for your NF2????????????

There is a new SATA BIOS out for the NF2 boards. How do I integrate the new bios into my motherboard bios?

This thread does not deal with the how to of modding bios's, Please respect the thread content.

Thanks!!

Tmod

Could you please update the nf2 bios's with the new sata bios in the next version of your cd?

Sure no problem.

I probably will be updating it shortly but I have more then just a couple of bios's that need updating on the CD so it won't be within the next couple of days.

Tmod

OTT, I also have the Expert but I have only tried 2 different BIOS versions. I originally used the same as you, 12/07/05. I then switched to the E704-2BT because I had replaced my RAM with some UTT/CH-5 so that BIOS was better suited for the higher voltage RAM. I had to RMA that RAM so now I'm back to 12/07/05. I have not had any problems with 12/07 although like you I have been curious to try some new versions. The problem is not many people currently have the Expert and theres not many BIOS versions available at the moment. Hopefully that will change soon!

Thanks mate, I think you understand! :)

I am having some HARD times with mine ram, and this seems related to the 12/7 BIOS + Expert + my peculiar cpu stepping (0550 UPMW), which is MORE difficult than normal to tweak, at least seems this way for the 175 model...

Ok I am in the process of updating CD6.5 and have the following changes made.

Update NF2 LanParty Bios's with Silicon Image 5.0.64 SATA bios.

Update NF2 Ultra Infinity Bios's with Silicon Image 5.0.64 SATA bios.

Added Hot Swap Selection for the NF2 Lanparty & Ultra Infinity.

Updated F-Prot Signature Files.

I will be updating a few of the tools depending on what is available and new.

If anyone has any requests please let me know.

Tmod

In Addition to the above I am working on this as well.

Please add comments as to any changes you might want to see in the procedure.

cmos.jpg

Tmod

Tmod is there a way t oconfirm if I flashed with say bios version 623-2 by the post screens??

Also I thought after flashing the bios your cd reset the cmos as well..am I wrong

BTW awesome work..thank you very much