Karajan audio module does not fit mb (capacitor)

The Karajan audio module does not fit on the motherboard.

There is a capacitor in the way (circled in the picture).

Options:

1. Don't use the white plastic holder. The module fits but sort of floats without support underneath.

2. Forcing it will bend the capacitor. This only works if jumper JP52 (S/PDIF toggle between AL850 and nForce4) is set to AL850. If set to nForce4, the jumper is against the side of the capacitor and no way the audio module will fit without breaking something.

3. Other options?

I would like to hear what other people are doing in this situation. Thank you for your advice.

-Lawrence

sorry, i just checked and yes mine has bent the capacitor over a little but its not broken. i never noticed this when installing mine,

will remember to be carefull in the event i need to take it out and refit it

If the jumper JP52 is set to nforce4, it is impossible because the jumper pushes against the capacitor. I think we're giving DFI a pass here and that's not right. We're talking about installing a DFI audio module on a DFI motherboard with the supplied DFI plastic clip. If it doesn't fit, DFI should re-cast the plastic clip and offer the replacement to all affected customers. We should not be asked to file this or cut that to get a good fit. We're talking about 100% DFI parts here.

-Lawrence

To Angry Games,

Thank you so much for the picture. That looks good. But I made a big mistake. After I posted my last message, I took the plastic holder to my table saw and tried to cut off the left side of it. But the saw was spinning very fast and it flung the plastic holder against the wall and it's all shredded now like cabbage.

Question: Can DFI send me another plastic holder? I tried to PM you since this was embarrassing but your ID can not receive messages.