NF4 Ultra-D>CMOS Checksum error?!

hot flash the bios on another computer. Get another bios chip that is pre-programmed. Those are the two easiest things to try for a real fix.

RGone...

Am i correct in assuming I would need an identical Mobo in order to hotflash my cmos chip in another pc? If so, I guess I am out of luck.

As for getting another bios chip, can you give me some leads as to where to get one?

'fit

Am i correct in assuming I would need an identical Mobo in order to hotflash my cmos chip in another pc? If so, I guess I am out of luck.

As for getting another bios chip, can you give me some leads as to where to get one?

'fit

Posted for posterity, I also sent you this link in a pm.

New Pre-Programmed Bios Chips

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9886

Ok, don’t hold me to this, but I think if you have another mobo with the exact same bios chip it is possible to flash on the other mobo even if its not DFI. *(And your gonna have to research / hunt that one down cause I don’t have the link.)

For my two cents, I would buy a spare. :) And try the overnite /8 hour cmos clear if you haven't.

Unstable operating system or one just infected by virus or trojan or the repeated almost unstable over time caused crash at shutdown but windows has over-ride of shutdown if totally dorked and will reboot instead or try to do so but of course it was a failed boot. At this time of distress anything can and does happen. How you say again? If you can flash a bios from windows as it done now> then windows can certainly corrupt a bios. I know new idea to get around but that does not make it any less possible reality.

RGone...

I will try the 8 hr clear....

ANy ideas as to what would cause this issue?

Well guys, thank you for all the help! You are not going to believe this one.

Know what my problem was? A bad KEYBOARD.

Don't ask me how or why...if you do I'll probably shrug and take a guess like "Maybe a key contact or 2 was stuck, sending a keystroke to the bios on post, causing the error. "

But doggonit, I moved my spare A-socket machine (AXP-M 12.5x200, Geforce 6800 AGP 1 gig OCZ ram if you interested) into my main machine "crypt", hooked everything up, loaded up UT2004, and I couldnt move! I couldnt type, I couldnt do anything but look around!

I changed the keyboard on my EPoX socket A....was fine. Went back to the DFI machine, hooked everything up, including spare keyboard.....PRESTO. Loaded up my OC from CMOS reloaded, and (knock on wood) all is cool.

Anyone have any ideas/comments about this bizarre problem?!?

Thanks again to ALL. You guys saved me again.

'fit

EDIT: I lied when I said nothing changed in my system; last night I blew a can of compressed air into my keyboard to clean it out a bit..... :drool:

Well guys, thank you for all the help! You are not going to believe this one.

Know what my problem was? A bad KEYBOARD.

Don't ask me how or why...if you do I'll probably shrug and take a guess like "Maybe a key contact or 2 was stuck, sending a keystroke to the bios on post, causing the error. "

But doggonit, I moved my spare A-socket machine (AXP-M 12.5x200, Geforce 6800 AGP 1 gig OCZ ram if you interested) into my main machine "crypt", hooked everything up, loaded up UT2004, and I couldnt move! I couldnt type, I couldnt do anything but look around!

I changed the keyboard on my EPoX socket A....was fine. Went back to the DFI machine, hooked everything up, including spare keyboard.....PRESTO. Loaded up my OC from CMOS reloaded, and (knock on wood) all is cool.

Anyone have any ideas/comments about this bizarre problem?!?

Thanks again to ALL. You guys saved me again.

'fit

EDIT: I lied when I said nothing changed in my system; last night I blew a can of compressed air into my keyboard to clean it out a bit..... :drool:

CONGRATS on getting it fixed! :nod: I was going to recommend re-seating the RAM. :P

CONGRATS on getting it fixed! :nod: I was going to recommend re-seating the RAM. :P

I tried that too before getting it sorted out! I tried almost everything i could think of besides sending away for another CMOS chip. Took my whole rig apart basically, to no avail. For some reason, out of the blue, the keyboard went batty and either caused the error, or the error occurred for some other reason and the keyboard simultaneously went bad, and wouldnt allow me into the bios, since the DEL key did nothing!

thx again