Epic to announce the future of Unreal Tournament

Bubbaxm2

Yeah I was excited when I saw that earlier, would be nice to get an FPS that plays differently from the others atm, if they do announce a new game I can't wait to see what they can do with UE4 :) I wonder if somebody else might make it *Cough Cliff Blezinskis new studio Cough*

Well Cliffy has mentioned that he wants his first game to be a return to real arena shooters like days of the old so it could be possible, but then again Epic is currently hiring people for an "unannounced project" so I guess we will have to wait and see.

Looking forward to whatever it is Epic is cooking up for UT. One of my favorite multiplayer shooter series, so hopefully we get a return to the fast paced brutality. And killing sprees. :)

I will buy whatever video card is required to run UT on max settings. I use to play Quake 3 and UT on dial-up...along with counter-strike. ahh the good old days before call of duty became and yearly thing and ruined modern FPS.

edit: this was of course on my TNT AGP 8MB video card :)

Looking forward to whatever it is Epic is cooking up for UT. One of my favorite multiplayer shooter series, so hopefully we get a return to the fast paced brutality. And killing sprees. :)

Titanfall is actually pretty fast-paced (at least on PC...I heard console players are slow and campy like they're playing CoD) and you get bonus XP for killing sprees (it even says stuff like Monster Kill, though minus the UT audio), but luckily not the "kill streaks" of CoD. Also, not gibs. lol

It'll be interesting to see how they modernize UT. I think they could learn a lot from the mobility of Titanfall. Titanfall mobility + UT vehicles would be pretty badass.

It's looking to me that the COD is looking to grab the Titanfall players that do not like the titans with it's newest installment. It will be interesting for sure but honestly if it strays to far from the franchise is known for, it will fail. I have never met a pickier group of people when it comes to games than those that are die hard UT fans, myself included.