Different results on both MSi Gtx 680 Twin Frozr

litwicki22

Hi all. I just bought 2 x Msi Gtx 680 Twin Frozr, and i tested single card on 3dmark 11.

On first card i have more different variations fps between tests. And on second card i have smaller variations fps between tests.

I run few times 3dmark 11 on both cards. It is normal or not? Why on first card i have more different variations on fps between the same GT tests?

1 card:

nowadrugatwin1.jpg

nowadrugatwin2.jpg

nowadrugatwin3.jpg

nowadrugatwin4.jpg

nowadrugatwin5.jpg

nowadrugatwin6.jpg

nowadrugatwin7.jpg

nowadrugatwin8.jpg

nowadrugatwin9.jpg

And now second card ( look closely at variations in fps between the same GT tests, they are just smaller ):

nowatwin2.jpg

nowatwin3.jpg

nowatwin4.jpg

nowatwin5.jpg

nowatwin6.jpg

RMA that first card? Or what now?

Why i on first card i have more fps variations between the same GT on next loops? For example: 9458 to 9399 and 9438 to 9396 scores.

I mean card is working properly?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you try send it in for RMA or say it is a bad card then the supplier/distributer will laugh at you :lol:

There is absolutely nothing wrong with those cards. Dynamic boost clock causes the discrepancies in results, card 1 and 2 look to be performing as they should.

Edited by Midnight Rider

Yes but i want to know why on first card i have larger variations between tests GT? I know that is dynamic boosting but i want to know that differences in fps between tests on first card are not too large?:)

Edited by litwicki22

Yes but i want to know why on first card i have larger variations between tests GT? I know that is dynamic boosting but i want to know that differences in fps between tests on first card are not too large?:)

You want the long answer ? Dynamic boost depends on a variety of circumstances such as temperature, voltage and power usage. The clocks are boosted dynamically depending on these circumstances. The clocks do not always boost at the same scene in benchmarks - some may boost early for a slightly higher score and some may boost later for a slightly lower score. Unless you could maintain the temperature to be an absolute constant in benchmarks, manually keep the power used by your card as a constant (impossible) and manually set when the boost clock is activate (not possible), you will not see the same results. The conditions mentioned above will cause fluctuations in scores and there is nothing you can do. Some fluctuations can be large or some could be small, it changes constantly. I dont even see why you should be worrying about single card boost since when your cards are in SLI then your temperature in you case becomes higher and the temperatures change which affect the boost clock even more.