Play HL2 this saturday with 40,000 others!

Andrewr05

A Call for Communication (Half-Life)

Join over 40,000 other members and load up Half-Life 2 this Saturday!

...The entire trilogy of episodes was scheduled to be completed and released by 2007, and if Valve have decided to do other things for the time being, that is fine; all that we ask for is a basic response on the matter, and to let fans know whether or not the current story arc is scheduled to conclude at another point in time.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've already shown my loyalty and my desire for a continuation of Half Life 2 by completing all 3 games more than 20 times all together. HL2 about 12 times at least.

I guess 1 more of each can't hurt.

Only thing is that valve probably won't even notice this or react in any meaningful way. They are either already working on the next installment in secret so they won't say anything about it, or they aren't working on it and still wont say anything about it.

Time to bust out my orange box.

I doubt that value will actually react to this movement...\\

One could asume they are working on it, since there hasen't been anything huge announced by valve since the release of Portal 2, sure Dota2 but I think there are interviews out there stating that the game is more of a side project for valve...

There is one truth in all this, that is Valve decided that the episodic way wasn't the right fit... So I would asume that HL3 will be coming in the next few years. Who knows since valve didn't really announce anything at E3 last year, they could be announcing something big this year....

Valve isn't the only company to keep their fans in the dark. Blizzard among others do it as well...

Edited by greengiant912

Which game are we supposed to play? It doesn't appear very clear. Is it just HL2, or Ep1 or Ep2?

Also it doesn't specify an end time. I'd love a new HL game but i sure as hell aint getting up at 6am local, especially as im going to see Seether in concert tonight.

EDIT: i need to read more:

we are focusing all of our efforts on playing the vanilla version of Half-Life 2 only. If you don't have access to HL2 for whatever reason, you are more than welcome to play any Half-Life game of your choice.

Finally: keep playing! I think most people won't stop after a half hour; I know I won't. If you'd like to play more, you're all encouraged to do so!

Edited by bilcliff