My New Toys ;)

sdy284

well they sound twice as good as they look ;)

Features

Ceramic Metal Matrix Diaphragm (C.M.M.D.): Infinity's C.M.M.D. technology delivers accurate performance with dramatically reduced distortion for incredibly lifelike sound. Additionally, the C.M.M.D. drivers can withstand extreme temperatures, moisture, humidity and sunlight.

Woofers: The dual 8" C.M.M.D. cone woofers virtually eliminate coloration due to cone flexing, resulting in less distortion and superior accuracy. For a smoother response and improved durability, each woofer uses a rubber surround.

Midranges: These speakers use a 5-1/4" C.M.M.D. cone midranges.

Tweeters: Each speaker has a 1" C.M.M.D. dome tweeter, which offers superior stiffness and damping compared to traditional metal domes.

Bass Reflex: There is a single port tube opening on the front of each speaker for increased and extended bass response.

Dual 5-Way Binding Posts: Each speaker has two sets of gold-plated 5-way binding posts connected by gold-plated jumpers. By removing the jumpers, you can separately use the two sets of binding posts to bi-amp or bi-wire the speakers. Bi-wiring will improve resolution and dynamics. For even greater improvement, you can use two amplifiers (bi-amping).

Spiked Feet: Each speaker comes with 4 spiked feet which isolate the speaker from floor vibrations and give the speaker a solid footing on carpeted floors. The spiked feet screw into threaded sockets on the bottom of the cabinet and come with hex nuts to lock them in position. These can add up to an inch to the speaker's overall height.

Well, when they came out, they were $1000 for the pair, but since they're last year's model...i got them both for $500 wink.gif

OMG :angry: I paid like 580 for these hunk of junk Bose Tower Speakers and another 180 for then Center. They sound OK but I know their nothing compared to Infinity.

Well, when they came out, they were $1000 for the pair, but since they're last year's model...i got them both for $500 ;)

WHERE?!?!?! Right now, I'm using a set of Infinity SM150's. They're almost exactly as old as I am :P. Still pound pretty well though (15" woofer, 5.25" mid range, 1" polycell; 300 watt max)

Edited by InvaderTrax