My New Toys ;)

sdy284

i've got a pair of B&W speakers that are older than I am. my dad bought them prolly in '80, they've got 2 8" and a 1" CMMD tweeter at the top. the are prolly close to 4 feet tall. i got 'em on 200w a piece right now...those plus my advents and my peavey loudspeakers and my 2 jl audio w6s....moof moof

WHERE?!?!?! Right now, I'm using a set of Infinity SM150's. They're almost exactly as old as I am :P. Still pound pretty well though (15" woofer, 5.25" mid range, 1" polycell; 300 watt max)

i got one of the last pairs from Crutchfield and when i bought them, i got a free pair of Primus 150's as well ;)

But since they no longer make the Alpha line (replaced by the Beta's) The only place i've been able to find them now is ebay...so happy hunting ;) And i'm sure those old infinity's sound great. my dad has an old set of pioneer speakers from like 20 years ago, with a 12" woofer, 5" mid, and a 1.5" tweeter.

and by the way, the Alpha 50's have dual 8's a 5.25" mid and a 1" tweeter

And CompXT....i'm sorry you fell into the BOSE trap....they're speakers are sooooo overpriced for what they deliver on. There is a range of frequency where BOSE systems cannot produce....but i forgot what it is, thats only with the POS cube speaker systems though.

I think mine are 38-25k

so ya anything below 38 they wont produce but, anything below 20 cannot be heard by human ears, Just felt lol.

I think for my next set I am going with maybe some Acoustic Research or Polk setups. And all Denon Component :D

i might as well post my entire setup....

The Harman Kardon AVR230

avr230large.jpg

Infinity Alpha 50's for fronts

x700A50b-f.jpeg

Infinity Alpha 20's for surrounds (3)

alpha_20.jpg

Infinity Alpha 37c for the center

h108A37CB-o.jpeg

SVS PB10 ISD sub

lopb10isdblack.jpg

I got the same amp as you the thing rocks :)

I Picked these up cheap while i was working in this little hole in the wall hime audio store for 1500$ they are Vienna Acoustics, Strauss. they make Bose sound like AM radio :lol: and they are quite good . off the nieghbors even though there only hooked up to my 600 watt Technics amp