Check It Out. Who's Got It All?!

Transattic

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to change up the most expensive one I have :( now that the server is back in one piece

Dual Opteron 242 (1.6ghz)

MSI K8D master

8gb Pc2700 registered ECC (2gb per stick)

radeon 9200 pci 128mb

adaptec 6 channel ide raid controller

promise ata 133 controller

16x dvdrom

48x cdrw

sblive 5.1 (yes it's a GAME server)

4x200gb

12x300gb (sorry the 15k scsi drives are for the system I play the games on)

super micro server case

2x550w power

price ~$12k as it sits

now to use it to MAKE some money

i just wonder... where do you get all that money? and how can you make money with it if its hosting from your house... i dont know what internet connection you have but im suspecting that its not faster than T1's .... or is it?

right now I'm stuck with comunist cast. and it SUCKS. I'm waiting to hear what they merit is going to charge, if they can to get a T1 to me. in the mean time I'm not hosting for doodoo

and I make more money that you'd figure. Keep in mind what MS pays for someone who's got their MCSE, A+, CCNA, CNA, MAC+, Net+ and MOUS certs. I also do side jobs on the weekend and evenings, wiring offices, setting up and maintaining servers and networks, and charge between $200 and $400 an hour.

you seem to get a nice amount of deals too. dual opteron setup with mobo for $900! and are those 12 300GB hard drives the ones that are sent to you for free? or which ones are the hds that are sent to you for free?

right now I'm stuck with comunist cast. and it SUCKS. I'm waiting to hear what they merit is going to charge, if they can to get a T1 to me. in the mean time I'm not hosting for doodoo

and I make more money that you'd figure. Keep in mind what MS pays for someone who's got their MCSE, A+, CCNA, CNA, MAC+, Net+ and MOUS certs. I also do side jobs on the weekend and evenings, wiring offices, setting up and maintaining servers and networks, and charge between $200 and $400 an hour.

TAKE ME WITH YOU!!!!

got a question, how is that herc sound setup? you listen to music?

I'm looking for something good for a friend who's having me build a home theater system. I was going to go audigy or extigy, but if herc has one too, and it's good (the price has got to be better) I might go that route

hey bigred sorry i took so long to answer i was out of town so to answer you ya i lisent to music all the time and it"s great u got all the out put youl ever need with it and the software that comes with it lets u put the volume for each speaker up or down individualy and much much more i"d recomend it

Edited by meeeeee

Ok here we go it could take me a while:

Thermaltake xaser mk 3 1000+

Thermaltake Pure Power Supply 480watt

AMD 2800xp Athlon @200*11

Gigabyte 7VAXP-A-ULTRA

1GB Corsair pc3500 @433mhz

Corsair Hydrocool200 :D

Hercules 3d Prophet 9800 Pro 128mb

Hercules Prophetview 17" TFT

Creative labs audigy 2

Creative labs dolby 6.1 speakers

Samsung Dvd rom 48xspeed

Plextor CDRW 48xspeed

36.7GB SATA Western Digital 10000rpm a whopping 5.2ms access time :D

160Gb SATA Seagate Baracuda 7200rpm

And old faithful my 1.44mb floppy disk drive wasnt going to buy one :lol::lol:

Total Cost of Rig

Edited by MEEVAL666

• 2 weeks later...

i think i made out pretty crap well now that i read what some of you guys spent. i just finished building mine and i spent less than 1600...

asus a7n8x deluxe

athlon xp 2600+ 333 fsb

msi geforce fx5600 128mb

corsair pc3200 512mb

western digital wd1200jb 120 gb

lite-on 48x24x48x16 cd-rw/dvd

lite-on 16x dvd

nec 1760v 17" lcd

creative labs soundworks megaworks 550 5.1

thermaltake xaser II a5000a

thermaltake silent purepower 480w

considering the monitor and speakers alone were over 600, i don't think i did too badly...