Hi OCC!

Noskills

Hi OCC my name is Ian and I'm new to this site. My friend introduced me to this site for any reviews that I want to read. I have a minor problem here..

I assemble my pc and when i hit the on button nothing happened. I'm using a crosshair formula 3 mobo which has a lcd post. I tried reading it and it says power off when i press the on button. Could someone please help me with this?

The first thing to do is make sure the switch in the back of the power supply is in the on position , it seems silly but here are more than a few people here who have freaked out, and that was the culprit. Second is to make sure all of the power connectione are solidly connected, starting with the plug at the wall, into the psu, and then making sure the mobo and CPU connectors solidly connected.

Edited by F13Bubba
  • Like 1

Yupp.. Are those are checked.. When i flip the back switch on.. The light on the mobo turns on.. I realize one thing, when i press the power button, the fans turn and the led switch on for just a split second. Might this be a shot somewhere in my case?

Have you left a motherboard stand-off were it shouldn't be?

Have you tried a bios reset?

I know it's a pain in the butt but the best thing to do is try everything out of the case. Mobo, processor (+ heatsink ;) ), graphics card, one stick of memory in the slot nearest the processor and the power supply. Does it boot into bios?

sounds like a short, I'd take out your motherboard and then reseat it in position (also when you pick it up, check under it for maybe a screw or something else metal that may have fallen behind it)

Welcome to OCC!