If you don't understand things don't say anything about them.

GabrielT

Feel free to add but these are some of the least intelligent statements about computers I have heard, helps if you are in the electronics department of any big box store.

In Walmart one day "This laptop only has 3gigs of memory, that is lame, my ipod has 32gigs"

Again in Walmart "I want lots of memory so my PC is fast, WOW 320gbs!"

In bestbuy "water cooling is stupid, putting water on your cpu is unbelievably dangerous. I can't believe people would do that, its not like water cooling will help it run better. "

In bestbuy I had the misfortune of getting the worst sales associate ever. Keep in mind his personal PC was using XP 32bit, I asked to make sure. "yeah dude I am running my new PC with 8gigs of ram, a core 2 quad and a 9600GT 2gb graphics card. "

In office depot Employee "There is no way to get a 50 foot ethernet cable for under $35 anywhere"

In my computer class "Anything newer than windows XP is just not a good idea..." sometimes I just wanna hit people for this one. They always have to say how awful vista was. Vista was not perfect, but I don't think it was bad. It was just so different than XP is all.

I know some people like macs but if you are going to try to make me want one too don't be an asshat about it. If you are not a jerk I don't care what OS you use. If you are a jerk I will probably hate you for it.

Some self loving person I heard. "Macs are just better, end of story. They are cheaper, faster, and use newer parts"

Edited by gabrieltessin

You gotta understand that's how these businesses make money... from people's ignorance about computers. I once pretended I didn't know anything about computers to a sales associate at MicroCenter, and they were actually pretty good about recommendations and at explaining why it was better. I did the same thing at Best Buy, and they tried to rip me off like no tomorrow.

You gotta understand that's how these businesses make money... from people's ignorance about computers. I once pretended I didn't know anything about computers to a sales associate at MicroCenter, and they were actually pretty good about recommendations and at explaining why it was better. I did the same thing at Best Buy, and they tried to rip me off like no tomorrow.

I hear that! Microcenter staff are awesome

From my former mechanic, on eBay:

"I don't use eBay, there's too many hackers trying to steal your ID Address on there. They can do anything with that."

That is like.. so many things worked into one sentence that makes absolutely no sense. :lol:

http://forums.overclockersclub.com/index.php?showtopic=178789

I know the OP is absolutely exhausting to read, but he wonders about the possibility of a BIOS update that will turn his Pentium 4 into an i7....

:nono: No walls of text will be read by Munkypoo7 :nono:

On topic, an 8400GS with 2GB is greater than my GTX470, it had more gigglebites! O.o

:nono: No walls of text will be read by Munkypoo7 :nono:

On topic, an 8400GS with 2GB is greater than my GTX470, it had more gigglebites! O.o

Man my 4GB flashdrive would play games at WAY higher resolutions than both of your cards combined!!

Man my 4GB flashdrive would play games at WAY higher resolutions than both of your cards combined!!

I will top you even still with my 32GB flashdrive!

Trust me, I've heard it all, including the infamous cup-holder thing (back at my high school where teachers were technologically illiterate).