Corsair's 520w Psu Tested

Nemo

A little late review though? this psu has been out for quite some time now :P

Thats not up to him that is up to Corsair. Its still a great selling unit for them and they requested Paul have a look at it so thats what we did :)

Another confirmation that this is a very good power supply.

It is worth noting that even though it has indeed been available for a while, it is still helpful information and shows that quality control on the product hasn't slipped. :)

Another great thing about Corsair is that they have some of the best units out there, but at a low price and the MIR's are jaw dropping.

Most of their units are from $80-150, with a power supply for every group of x range computer. Low end to mid you have the VX series, and high end you have the TX and HX series.

(www.newegg.com)

Edited by damian

Very nice job Paul....

I currently have that same unit in my rig....I am thinking mine is a little lacking for me even though Corsair says it's fine....even under normal load at 70f ambient temps the PSU case is warmer than ambient...

with the Q6700 at 300x10 at default 1.19v and the 9600gt at default settings it runs warmer than I think it should...

If I run a game like R6V2 it gets even warmer yet...and if I lean on the video card to 750/1200 it gets pretty hot...I got a little worried about the temp in the PSU so I backed off on the clocks on the card....

even when I leaned on the CPU to 380x10 at 1.45v it started smelling funny under the load of Orthos and 3Dmark 06 running at the same time...

other than that it's been absolutely great....

very nice review...good job

I've had one of these for 17 months now and I have to agree that it is superb. Easily one of the quieter PSUs out there, but I have a passive system and the noise was audible for me, but I really am quite the fussy person!