W32 Blaster (luvsan) Worm Virus

Bosco

so that is the virus right im in the process of doing a few things if this is illegal just edit my post i understand but my prob is i need to change my xp pro key where i can download updates so does anyone remember the program that lets you change your key thanxs for the help

p.s. if this is illegal just take it out of this post thanxs again justin

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just in case none of you have seen this tip: first, disable system restores. then, restart your infected machine in safe mode, and start up as Admin, then run the fix program. I did it this way (I think Symantec's fix proggy works this way fixblast.exe) and my Dad's infected laptop ran the cleanup proggy without any indication that the shutdown was triggered. It was still running the cleanup program when I left this afternoon at 4:30pm PST.

This e-mail message is being sent to you by Microsoft Corporation. To verify the authenticity of this e-mail message, please visit: http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=221449

Dear Microsoft Customer,

On August 11, 2003, Microsoft began investigating a report of a worm, known as W32.Blaster.Worm, that exploits the vulnerability addressed by Microsoft Security Bulletin MS03-026. Microsoft released this critical security bulletin and corresponding patch for Windows operating systems on July 16, 2003. While some customers may not notice the presence of the worm infection at all on their computer systems, typical symptoms may include Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 systems rebooting every few minutes without user input or Windows NT4 and Windows 2000 systems becoming unresponsive.

If you applied security patch MS03-026 prior to the discovery of the Blaster worm, your system is secure from the vulnerability that W32.Blaster is using. For the most current information on determining if your systems are infected and how to recover from the infection, please go to the following Web site and perform the prescribed steps: http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=221450. This site will be updated as more information regarding the W32.blaster worm becomes available.

Our goal is to provide you with the information and tools you need to help run your company safely and reliably. When we become aware of these types of vulnerabilities, it is our goal to share protection and remediation information with you as quickly as is possible. In order to help protect your computing environment from security vulnerabilities, we encourage you to use the Windows Update service by going to http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=221451 and also subscribe to Microsoft's security notification service at http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=221452. By using these two services you will automatically receive information on the latest software updates and the latest security notifications, thereby improving the likelihood that your computing environment will be safe from the worms and viruses that occur.

Thank you,

Microsoft Corporation

For information about Microsoft's privacy policies, please go to http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=221448

Ya, no kidding. Also got one from Comcast today. Kinda like they are having one last puch before they get slammed tonight.

Hell, I might just be updating windows for the heck of it around midnight. :P

Microsoft released this critical security bulletin and corresponding patch for Windows operating systems on July 16,

If you applied security patch MS03-026 prior to the discovery of the Blaster worm, your system is secure from the vulnerability that W32.Blaster is using.

Does anyone use the autoupdate of their OS. According to the letter, wouldn't that have prevented the security risk? I have DSL and NEVER disconnect for more than a sec, and this never affected me. And I...um...don't use a firewall.

Edited by ciddono

not sure if autoupdate would have helped everyone, but it seems likely. I didn't even need that since I'm still running 98SE on my laptop and at home. Glad I didn't upgrade to XP last week like I was considering!

• 3 weeks later...

My school district got hit bad. They just finished upgrading everything to 2k too. I just GOT IT AGAIN AFTER REFORMATING!!!!!! I am so pissed off. Im running the systematic thingy now. Did you here that one of the guys got caught three hundred pound guy.

My school district got hit bad. They just finished upgrading everything to 2k too. I just GOT IT AGAIN AFTER REFORMATING!!!!!! I am so pissed off. Im running the systematic thingy now. Did you here that one of the guys got caught three hundred pound guy.

is that why you havent been around for the last little while? I was starting to wonder where you went! B)