W32 Blaster (luvsan) Worm Virus

Bosco

Well as you all know by know i am one who got the msblast, I couldent belive i actully got it. I never get viruses, plus with dial up i got less of a cance of getting em. But this one i got! I still havent done evernthing that that fix said. I did a system restore and it seems to be working fine. i deleted the msblast file. I will work on it some more tommrow pretty tired to go chasing after viruses. :smack:

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well the bad thing about this virus, and the reason why its so bad is that you can get this virus just by being on the internet! You don't have to download and run the virus, you don't have to open an email with the virus, or anything like that.. This virus exploits a hole in Windows XP/2k/NT/2003 operating systems and sends the virus directly to you by exploiting the hole in windows. If you never patched your windows operating system last month, and you're not running a firewall or router (behind NAT) then there's a good chance you've already gotten the virus..

Everyone needs to check and see, and also patch your computers if you haven't already!

My company got hit yesterday and as of 3pm over 3,000 of our computers got it. I didn't :D . Also checked my system at home and I was ok there as well. Thank you Norton (and Linksys)!!

My company got hit yesterday and as of 3pm over 3,000 of our computers got it.  I didn't  :D .  Also checked my system at home and I was ok there as well.  Thank you Norton (and Linksys)!!

Woot i dont have it also thanks to norton and linksys. Norton came out with a removal tool and for it. Its on there website for free, www.symantec.com

heres my prob i checked like you said in my reg and didnt find anything but still every once in a while my computer displays this screen like the system admin needs just shutdown and it counts down from 60 sec then no way of stoping it it just shuts down any other way i can check to see if i got it?

Read my first post again, I edited it some.

You can download the free fixblast to remove the virus if you have it. You could also update your virus software and run it on your entire computer.

heres my prob i checked like you said in my reg and didnt find anything but still every once in a while my computer displays this screen like the system admin needs just shutdown and it counts down from 60 sec then no way of stoping it it just shuts down any other way i can check to see if i got it?

when that screen pops up saying it is going to shut down in 60 sec, if you are the admin of your computer you can go to the start menu, hit the run command and type shutdown /a and that will abort the shutdown, but after that, you cannot edit your services and log off the internet the normal way(if you have a modem). that is the only way i was able to run the fixit utility and get rid of it on my computer.

when that screen pops up saying it is going to shut down in 60 sec, if you are the admin of your computer you can go to the start menu, hit the run command and type shutdown /a and that will abort the shutdown, but after that, you cannot edit your services and log off the internet the normal way(if you have a modem). that is the only way i was able to run the fixit utility and get rid of it on my computer.

Yes, good tip. I'll add that to my first post, thanks.

thanks, also everyone just for your info, i have dialup, and it hit me, and my zonealarm has been hit on port 135 over 106 times in the 35 minutes i have been online. so it is very active and getting worse. protect yourself