#1 road-runner

road-runner

Posting Machine

• Folding Member
  • 10720 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 09:16 PM

I am getting one when they come out...

Posted Image

And you thought Microsoft bringing back the SideWinder was gnarly. Announced today, AMD is resurrecting the long-standing AIW line with its first-ever high-definition variant: the $199 ATI All-in-Wonder HD. The PCI Express 2.0 card attempts to handle both PC gaming and HDTV duties by boasting specs like DirectX 10.1 support, a 725MHz engine clock, 600MHz memory clock and MPEG2 / VC-1 / H.264 video decoder acceleration. You'll also find Vista and AMD LIVE! certification badges to go along with the dual-link DVI port, HDMI jack (which supports 5.1 Dolby Digital transmission) and optional component video connectivity. As expected, users can capture live programs (as well as pause / rewind) in SD or HD over-the-air, and there's even support for ClearQAM. For those looking to take their clips elsewhere, the bundled Avivo software converts it for viewing on some of today's most popular handhelds (yes, including the iPod). Look for models from Diamond Multimedia and VisionTek to hit retailers in North America late next month. Full release after the jump.

AMD Expands The Ultimate Visual Experience™ Combining Exceptional HD Graphics, HDTV, and HD Video for PCs
One-of-a-kind ATI All-In-Wonder™ HD takes the home theater PC to new levels of TV enjoyment and graphics quality

Sunnyvale, Calif. - June 26 , 2008 -AMD (NYSE: AMD) today expanded The Ultimate Visual Experience™ for North America with the ATI All-In-Wonder™ HD, combining award-winning ATI Radeon™ Premium graphics and ATI TV Wonder™ HD tuner technology card in one PCI Express® 2.0 solution. As the newest multimedia powerhouse to join the long line of All-In-Wonder offerings, ATI All-in-Wonder HD transforms the PC into a highly immersive digital video recorder for HDTV and analog TV, plus expands the realm of exceptional gaming with cinematic HD graphics for mainstream PCs. Blu-ray™ disc playback can be enjoyed in full HD glory (1080p) thanks to ATI All-in-Wonder HD's unified video decoder (UVD) technology, ensuring movies play back smoothly and with incredible detail2.

AMD LIVE!™ Ready and Certified for Windows Vista®, ATI All-In-Wonder HD has a manufacturers suggested retail price (MSRP) of $199, includes capabilities to watch and record free-to-air HDTV, unencrypted digital cable programming3, and superb analog TV reception powered by ATI Theater™ 650 Pro hardware MPEG-2 encoding technology. All-In-Wonder HD merges the best of the ATI TV Wonder™ product line with ATI Radeon Premium Graphics to deliver The Ultimate Visual Experience.

"Never before has this level of HDTV and graphics performance been seen in an all-in-one PC multimedia solution," said Matt Skynner, vice president of marketing, Graphics Products Group, AMD. "The award-winning ATI All-In-Wonder lineage is built on long-standing leadership in TV and video on the PC. For the hundreds of thousands of owners of previous ATI All-In-Wonder models and for those hungry to realize the full potential of their PC, we're excited and proud to introduce the newest addition to AMD's PCTV product family."

ATI All-in-Wonder HD prepares you for brilliant TV, sharp images and smooth playback on a wide variety of HDTVs and displays. With support for Microsoft DirectX® 10.1, gamers can play the top HD games with life-like 3D graphics, stunning realism, and great shading effects. Full support for PCI Express 2.0 technology allows for twice the throughput of current PCI Express 1.0 cards, which means gamers will be ready for demanding graphic applications.

ATI All-in-Wonder HD further expands TV viewing capabilities with support for Windows® Media Center bundled with Windows Vista® Home Premium and Windows Vista® Ultimate editions, as well as Windows® XP Media Center Edition 2005. The ATI All-in-Wonder HD complements media-rich AMD LIVE! PCs.

Featured with ATI All-in-Wonder HD is ATI Catalyst Media Center™ software that provides an easy path to view TV programs in a variety of entertainment environments and mobile video devices. Recorded TV programs and home videos can be quickly converted into the most popular formats for viewing video on portable media devices4. Digitize and preserve priceless moments and start building your video library. ATI Catalyst Media Center software includes a scalable TV interface with integrated TV programming info, DVD video authoring and movie playback, and video conversion technologies5. A second bundled AMD LIVE!™ Entertainment Suite CD includes AMD LIVE!™ On Demand to access the DVR from any computer with broadband connectivity and AMD LIVE!™ Explorer that provides an immersive way of managing and interacting with your entertainment library. Explore your complete digital collections of music, photos, and videos in a single window, in full 3D6.

With Home Theater environments in mind, ATI All-in-Wonder HD provides expanded connectivity with built-in support for six channel (5.1) Dolby Digital® surround audio transmission through HDMI, native dual-link DVI-I for high resolution panels, and optional component video connectivity.

Available through Diamond Multimedia and VisionTek at leading computer retailers and etailers across North America by late July, ATI All-In-Wonder HD is designed to take home theater PCs to the next level of multimedia performance.

About AMD
Advanced Micro Devices (NYSE: AMD) is a leading global provider of innovative processing solutions in the computing, graphics and consumer electronics markets. AMD is dedicated to driving open innovation, choice and industry growth by delivering superior customer-centric solutions that empower consumers and businesses worldwide. For more information, visit http://www.amd.com.

Source

sigimage.gif

#2 Rokkaholik

Rokkaholik

667 - Neighbor Of The Beast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1061 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 09:29 PM

The All In Wonder is a good idea, but their performance always suffered due to x amount of graphics or card power being held back for the Muntimedia applications. It's too bad that ATI can't come up with an Additional type card that would work with whatever ATI video card the user already had. I think something like a SLI or Crossfire type link to connect it to the main card so they work together when needed, but independantly when not being used. It would be the best of both worlds
CPU: Intel Core I7 920 CPU Cooler:Prolimatech Megahalem with 2 Scythe S-Flex Push/Pull Fans
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA X58A-UD3R Memory: 6GB OCZ Gold DDR3 PC1600
Case: CoolerMaster CM 690 II Advanced PSU: Corsair HX 650
Main HDD: 100gb OCZ Vertex LE SSD
Backup HDD's: 2 x 1TB Western Digital Caviar Black + 2TB WD20EARS
Video: XFX HD 5850 Black Edition Monitor: 24" Samsung BX2440 LED/LCD
Audio: Soundblaster X-Fi Xtreme Music Speakers: Klipsch ProMedia Ultra 5.1
Keyboard: Z-Board Gamer Mouse: Logitech MX1000 Laser

#3 road-runner

road-runner

Posting Machine

• Folding Member
  • 10720 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 09:42 PM

The All In Wonder is a good idea, but their performance always suffered due to x amount of graphics or card power being held back for the Muntimedia applications. It's too bad that ATI can't come up with an Additional type card that would work with whatever ATI video card the user already had. I think something like a SLI or Crossfire type link to connect it to the main card so they work together when needed, but independantly when not being used. It would be the best of both worlds

Yea that would be a good idea, I dont play games anyway I want one to hook to my satellite box to record movies and stuff. I was doing it with a AIW 2006 then I moved up to the 1950xt because it could fold then Stanford done away with folding on that card so I moved to the 2900. I moved a different rig in as my main rig so I put the 3870x2 in it and there is no video in at all...

sigimage.gif

#4 PeterStoba

PeterStoba

Using this space

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1025 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 10:57 PM

Yea that would be a good idea, I dont play games anyway I want one to hook to my satellite box to record movies and stuff. I was doing it with a AIW 2006 then I moved up to the 1950xt because it could fold then Stanford done away with folding on that card so I moved to the 2900. I moved a different rig in as my main rig so I put the 3870x2 in it and there is no video in at all...

What's a setup like that for then? benches?

My Benching Systems

Gigabyte GA-X58-Extreme - Core i7 920 D0 - 6GB Patriot Viper 1600Mhz - XFX 5870 1GB - Custom Watercooling
Gigabyte GA-MA790XT-UD4P - Various CPUs - 2GB Kingston HyperX 1800Mhz - Various Nvidia & ATI GPUs - Custom Watercooling
Gigabyte GA-MA770-DS3 - Various CPUs - 2GB Crucial Ballistix 1066Mhz - Various Nvidia & ATI GPUs - Custom Watercooling
ASUS Rampage Extreme - Various CPUs - 4GB Kingston HyperX 1333Mhz - Various Nvidia & ATI GPUs - Custom Watercooling

#5 Guest_ajmatson_*

Guest_ajmatson_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 June 2008 - 04:36 AM

That would be killer for an HTPC. I wounder what core/card it is based off of?

#6 road-runner

road-runner

Posting Machine

• Folding Member
  • 10720 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 04:40 AM

What's a setup like that for then? benches?

When I have time, forum wars, folding, WCG and just because I can.... :P

sigimage.gif

#7 PeterStoba

PeterStoba

Using this space

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1025 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 07:27 AM

When I have time, forum wars, folding, WCG and just because I can.... :P

Good enough reason :P

My Benching Systems

Gigabyte GA-X58-Extreme - Core i7 920 D0 - 6GB Patriot Viper 1600Mhz - XFX 5870 1GB - Custom Watercooling
Gigabyte GA-MA790XT-UD4P - Various CPUs - 2GB Kingston HyperX 1800Mhz - Various Nvidia & ATI GPUs - Custom Watercooling
Gigabyte GA-MA770-DS3 - Various CPUs - 2GB Crucial Ballistix 1066Mhz - Various Nvidia & ATI GPUs - Custom Watercooling
ASUS Rampage Extreme - Various CPUs - 4GB Kingston HyperX 1333Mhz - Various Nvidia & ATI GPUs - Custom Watercooling

#8 Nemo

Nemo

Will Fold 4 Food

• Honorary Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7228 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 08:32 AM

Check out today's Hardware Roundup: Thursday Edition - there's a review of the All-in-Wonder down towards the bottom.

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 2.83GHz / ASUS P5Q Deluxe / Patriot Extreme Performance 2GB PC2-9600 DDR2-1200MHz / 2x Seagate ST3160827AS 160GB RAID 1 / Seagate ST31000340AS 1TB
Corsair TX750W / Sapphire HD 5870 1GB GDDR5 / SilverStone TJ05 / Scythe Zipang 140mm CPU Cooler / ASUS VH202T-P 20" widescreen monitor (x2) / XP Pro SP 3
"however, i cannot claim to be such a fish as i am not a fish at all..." - hardnrg,Jul 4 2005, 02:49 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Follow OCC on Posted Image
Subscribe to the OCC Newsletter

Lucky Mudder Race 2013

#9 Branjo

Branjo

Total Nerd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4407 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 10:33 AM

I had the 9800 AIW and the X800XT AIW and I loved the cards, the only thing that pi$$ed me off was the software needed to run it. Hopefully AMD has fired all the inept ATI monkeys that write the software and get there best people on it. Used to take 2 seconds to change the channel and recording was hit and miss, sometimes the audio was ok and other times the sync was horrible. I miss my AIW, now I actually have to turn my head to watch TV, damn right unacceptable.

Q6600 3.6Ghz/ 1.43v(air)/ OCZ Vendetta 2 / P35 DS3R / 4x 2gb G.Skill / XFX HD6870 / Xigmatek NRP 750w / Antec P182 / Monitor, Keyboard and one of those Mouse thingy's.

#10 Compxpert

Compxpert

You may be getting Facepalmed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2711 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 10:53 AM

Looks promising and I do plan to turn a rig of mine into a HTPC soon. I'll be sure to look out for these when they are released.

Posted Image
>> >>Buy my stuff!!<< <<
XT-1264, X-Fighter, M59, Element T

Lappy - Gateway FX P-7805u - C2D E8400 - 4gb DDRIII - Nvidia 9800M 1gb discrete (1920x1200) - 320gb hdd
Core2Duo E8400 - DFI Lanparty UT P45-T2RS - 4gb OCZ Reaper HPC DDRII 1066 - 600W OCZ GameXStream - Visiontek HD4870
Core i7 920 @ 4.00GHz - DFI LP UT X58-T3eHS - Mushkin 3x 2gb DDR3 - 700W OCZ ModXStream Pro - 2x Sapphire Radeon HD4870 Toxic Ed.
Come join OCC IRC... /server irc.skullboxz.net /join #occ Use the Occ IRC JApplet or check out an IRC Client: mIRC : XChat : HydraIRC
Posted Image
Follow OCC on Posted Image

#11 Andrewr05

Andrewr05

I'll be whatever I wanna do!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11611 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 11:13 AM

I always liked those older ATI AIW/multimedia cards, if these are as epic as those were then they've surely got a winner...

ona5.png

If you see the cops - LEAVE.

If the cops are coming - Don't be there.
If you show up and the cops are already there - DISAPPEAR.
Anyplace the cops are and you aren't, is a good day

:yes: 

Rig specs:

Spoiler

#12 Puck

Puck

Lord, what fools these mortals be!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3050 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 11:22 AM

Not true.

The only difference between the AIW version and the standard version of a card is that the AIW runs hotter and usually does not overclock as well due to the extra circuitry on the PCB. Same performance.

-3770k - Asus Sabertooth Z77 - 2X4GB Patriot Viper Extreme - X-Fire'd Sapphire 7970+XFX 7970 - 27" 2560x1440 IPS LED - Dual PSU OCZ Z-Series Z850w Main/OCZ Powerstream 520w Slave - Custom MM Extended Ascension - Logitech G9x/G710+/Homemade Stainless mousepad -

CPU Cooled by: 2x MCP655 pumps, Arqtik TEC Waterblock+2x Arqtik TEC Chillers, 2x modded Bit-Chill Dew Point controllers, 2x Black Ice GTX Gen2 480 Quads, 33x 80cfm 120mm Server fans, Homemade insulated Res on cold side, DD dual bay res w/XSPC Res plug Temp probe hot side*

GPUs Cooled by: Modded MCP655, 2xModded Enzotech Sapphire CPU Waterblocks, Zalman RAMsinks, modded stock plate VRM cooling, Phobya res, Aquacomputer Airplex Modularity 280 Rad

Wow, puck just kinda summed that one up for most of us lol. I agree with puck. :)

Man Puck... I couldn't have said it better myself!

93 Medium Patriot Red Z28 (Goes straight) - 2012 Metallic Spark Black ZX14R (Does Everything)