Howto: Overclock C2Q (quads) And C2D (duals) - A Guide V1.7

I read Verran's Guide on overclocking basics of Core 2 Duo chips but wanted to post my own guide. He did a great job, but mine is sort of a different flavor of chocolate. Have a read and see if you find it helpful.

Edited on 08-Jun-2008: Guide is now version 1.7

Edited by graysky

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@hardnrg: Glad you like it. Always glad to give back to the community. I wasn't aware of 120mm fans that exceed 1600 RPM. That's really a lot of mass to move that fast when you think of it. How fast and how loud are they fastest ones (probably deltas)?

Delta QFR1212GHE, 120x120x38 mm, 12 V, 1.80 A, 21.6 W, 6000 RPM, 210.38 CFM, 64dB(A)

Delta GFB1212VHW, 120x120x76 mm, 12 V, 2.65 A, 31.8 W, 3550/3200 RPM (TWO FANS!!!), 220.29 CFM, 59.0dB(A)

Delta FFB1224XHE, 120x120x38 mm, 24 V, 3.25 A, 78.0 W (lol), 6300 RPM, 264.62 CFM, 73.5dB(A) rofl

I would love all of these in the winter for air cooling lol, and some ear defenders :lol:

I don't want to reinvent the wheel here, so I'm going to just copy/paste out of wusy's Core2Duo Overlocking Guide -- these are just general hardware guidelines... just because you don't see something in these lists, doesn't mean it won't work.

This is a real nice guide! I should merge some of this into the "other" guide I wrote a couple of months back --> http://forums.overclockersclub.com/index.php?showtopic=68453

:withstupid: Indeed. I noticed about half a dozen other posts that you made but haven't had time to read them. Is this all original material that you wrote?

Of course it is! :angry2: I do reference other materials in my guide, but provide credit to the original authors.

Of course it is! :angry2: I do reference other materials in my guide, but provide credit to the original authors.

Hey, I was just asking. Don't take it as an insult. In fact, you should think of it as a compliment. As I'm sure you know, there are a lot of disreputable people that would be delighted to take credit for something like this. It's a very thorough guide and it looks like you spent quite a bit of time on it. You only joined 8 hours ago and most new members don't post epic guides right after joining; they're usually asking how to overclock their Dell's hard drive so they can download faster, so you'll have to excuse my skepticism.

No hard feelings? :unsure:

Hey, I was just asking. Don't take it as an insult. In fact, you should think of it as a compliment. As I'm sure you know, there are a lot of disreputable people that would be delighted to take credit for something like this. It's a very thorough guide and it looks like you spent quite a bit of time on it. You only joined 8 hours ago and most new members don't post epic guides right after joining; they're usually asking how to overclock their Dell's hard drive so they can download faster, so you'll have to excuse my skepticism.

No hard feelings? :unsure:

Bleeble, he posted the same thing on like 5 forums though, I found it on [H] so far.

No hard feelings at all... I guess that stupid angry face icon I used gave the pissed off impression on my part. Thanks for the compliment. Truthfully, I found this place through an unrelated google search and figured it'd be good to post a few threads I put a little time into with the hope that people will find the information useful; it's always good to give something back to the community. @kingdingeling: that's why I posted it and other threads on multiple sites. Just casting a larger net I suppose.

Edited by graysky