46 replies to this topic

#1 mpj

mpj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:17 AM

Hey all,

I've been trying to find someone for awhile to help me out with finishing a logo for my men's league hockey team, and thought maybe someone here might be able to come to the rescue. I'm a complete noob when it comes to graphic design and what I've come up with so far is pretty simple, but I like it. The problem I'm running into is I don't have the software or know-how to put the finsihing touches on a logo. I was hoping maybe I can throw the logo up here and get some opinions or help with what I already have. I understand that it takes time to do this, and I would be willing to work out some sort of compensation depending on work done.

All I'm trying to finish on this is adding the company name around the CTS inside the 2 circles, and maybe clean up the lines/finish it nicely. Something along the lines of this:

Complete Tooling

CTS

Solutions

Like I mentioned before this is for my men's league hockey team that is sponsored by our company. The old logo is pretty tired and we're looking for something fresh, yet with that throwback look to it. Also I need this to be able to work with a screen press. I attached the new "work in progress" logo and a pic of our old jerseys with the old logo. Please send me a pm if you're able to help, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

Matt

Attached Thumbnails

• ctslogo2.JPG
  • IMG_0570.JPG

Main Rig:
AMD Phenom II X4 965 @ 3.8Ghz
Noctua NH-D14
Asus M4A88TD-V EVO
8GB G.SKILL DDR3 1600
OCZ Vertex 2 120gb
WD Black 640gb 7200rpm
EVGA 570 GTX SC
Corsair 750TX psu
Lian Li PC-K63

#2 WarWeeny

WarWeeny

Don't worry, be sexy! >:3

• Review Editor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1199 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:35 AM

just to clarify,

the logo's on the left are the old ones and the right (blue) is the version you want to have edited to have as a final result?

You can get the weeny out of the war, but you cannot get the war out of the weeny

Rest in peace my good old gtx 480, you deserved it

#3 freddie

freddie

Up the Arsenal

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 704 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:48 AM

logomaker.com takes the cake.

I'm mashing one up atm, give it a try if you want.

[edit]

what a poor excuse of a company/website.

Edited by freddie, 05 February 2013 - 09:57 AM.

#4 hornybluecow

hornybluecow

I Am A Cow...

• Reviewer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5393 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:24 AM

I have my associate degree on graphic design . It's been a while since I designed a logo but mayeI can give you some good pointers . Which logos are the ones you made (I'm guessing the t-shirt is the original ) ?

Edit: I guess I'll pm you when I'm
Home later , I'm on my phone right now .

Edited by hornybluecow, 05 February 2013 - 10:26 AM.

hbbanner.jpg

Filckr Photostream / Workstation Build Guide / How to Overclock an Intel 4770K Guide

Main Rig: i7-3930K @ 4.2ghz, Asus P9X79 WS, Quadro FX 4800, Intel 335 240 GB, Vertex 4 120 GB, Raid-1 2x 3 TB, 64 GB (8x8gb) G-skill, Thermaltake Core V71, SeaSonic Plat 1000watt.

Review Test Rig: : i7-4770k @ 4.2ghz, MSI-GD65 Gaming, Geforce GTX 770 , Corsair Force GT 240 GB, Patriot 16 GB 2400 (2x8gb), (Case always changing) Thermaltake 750w.

#5 mpj

mpj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:53 AM

just to clarify,

the logo's on the left are the old ones and the right (blue) is the version you want to have edited to have as a final result?

The logo on the left is the new one, which is intended to look old. The version on the right is our old/current hockey jerseys.

logomaker.com takes the cake.

I'm mashing one up atm, give it a try if you want.

[edit]

what a poor excuse of a company/website.

The website is 100% horrible, I've made mention of that many times, but we're a local company and don't do any business etc through that portal. I told him to update it or take it down because it's that sad to look at or even make mention of. However, our company does quite well for our size. I'll just assume you're refering to the website, even though that can be taken both ways.

I have my associate degree on graphic design . It's been a while since I designed a logo but mayeI can give you some good pointers . Which logos are the ones you made (I'm guessing the t-shirt is the original ) ?

Edit: I guess I'll pm you when I'm
Home later , I'm on my phone right now .

Yes, the hockey jersey on the right is our old/original logo. The one on the left is my attempt with the almighty MS Paint to come up with a "throwback" look for our new jerseys.

I understand that they're both crude, but we're machinists, not graphic designers!

Main Rig:
Noctua NH-D14
Asus M4A88TD-V EVO
8GB G.SKILL DDR3 1600
OCZ Vertex 2 120gb
WD Black 640gb 7200rpm
EVGA 570 GTX SC
Corsair 750TX psu
Lian Li PC-K63

#6 WarWeeny

WarWeeny

• Review Editor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1199 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:07 AM

well its not bad, but i like the old logo better :P

il take a go at it tommorow, dont know if you have a deadline or not...

You can get the weeny out of the war, but you cannot get the war out of the weeny

#7 mpj

mpj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:13 AM

I appreciate it. All I'm mainly looking to do is add Complete Tooling Solutions to the new one inside the circle where the red is, and refine it more. I'm just not capable of doing so.

Main Rig:
Noctua NH-D14
Asus M4A88TD-V EVO
8GB G.SKILL DDR3 1600
OCZ Vertex 2 120gb
WD Black 640gb 7200rpm
EVGA 570 GTX SC
Corsair 750TX psu
Lian Li PC-K63

#8 freddie

freddie

Up the Arsenal

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 704 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:14 AM

The website is 100% horrible, I've made mention of that many times, but we're a local company and don't do any business etc through that portal. I told him to update it or take it down because it's that sad to look at or even make mention of. However, our company does quite well for our size. I'll just assume you're refering to the website, even though that can be taken both ways.

No no no. I meant the logomaker.com website :)

#9 WarWeeny

WarWeeny

• Review Editor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1199 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:26 AM

I appreciate it. All I'm mainly looking to do is add Complete Tooling Solutions to the new one inside the circle where the red is, and refine it more. I'm just not capable of doing so.

any fonts i should use because of the logo specifications?

but as i see it, it would be a tight fit depending on how big the actual logo is going to be on the shirts of the players.

but il make a few examples tommorow, and let you be the judge on that ;)

#10 hornybluecow

hornybluecow

I Am A Cow...

• Reviewer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5393 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:29 AM

If all you need to do is add lettering where the red is that is easy as pie . It can be done in illustrator quickly . Usually it's the design that takes forever to come up with . My teachers forced us to do a few hundred drawings than pick 10 and do it again until you got down to 3 that you showed the client. That's the time consuming part .

hbbanner.jpg

Filckr Photostream / Workstation Build Guide / How to Overclock an Intel 4770K Guide

Main Rig: i7-3930K @ 4.2ghz, Asus P9X79 WS, Quadro FX 4800, Intel 335 240 GB, Vertex 4 120 GB, Raid-1 2x 3 TB, 64 GB (8x8gb) G-skill, Thermaltake Core V71, SeaSonic Plat 1000watt.

Review Test Rig: : i7-4770k @ 4.2ghz, MSI-GD65 Gaming, Geforce GTX 770 , Corsair Force GT 240 GB, Patriot 16 GB 2400 (2x8gb), (Case always changing) Thermaltake 750w.

#11 mpj

mpj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:30 AM

No no no. I meant the logomaker.com website :)

Lol, my bad...either way, our company website is pathetic.

Main Rig:
Noctua NH-D14
Asus M4A88TD-V EVO
8GB G.SKILL DDR3 1600
OCZ Vertex 2 120gb
WD Black 640gb 7200rpm
EVGA 570 GTX SC
Corsair 750TX psu
Lian Li PC-K63

#12 mpj

mpj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:30 AM

edit: double post

Edited by mpj, 05 February 2013 - 11:40 AM.

Main Rig:
Noctua NH-D14
Asus M4A88TD-V EVO
8GB G.SKILL DDR3 1600
OCZ Vertex 2 120gb
WD Black 640gb 7200rpm
EVGA 570 GTX SC
Corsair 750TX psu
Lian Li PC-K63