Need help with Logo design

mpj

well its not bad, but i like the old logo better :P

il take a go at it tommorow, dont know if you have a deadline or not...

I appreciate it. All I'm mainly looking to do is add Complete Tooling Solutions to the new one inside the circle where the red is, and refine it more. I'm just not capable of doing so.

any fonts i should use because of the logo specifications?

but as i see it, it would be a tight fit depending on how big the actual logo is going to be on the shirts of the players.

but il make a few examples tommorow, and let you be the judge on that ;)

Yea, my design is flawed and will need to be reworked in order to fit the "complete tooling solutions" without it looking awkward. I was just using Georgia font as it was the only one I liked in the limited amount that I had to work with. The logo will take up a majority of the chest on the jersey. I'm guessing it will be roughly the same size, or larger as the old one.

well its not bad, but i like the old logo better :P

il take a go at it tommorow, dont know if you have a deadline or not...

I appreciate it. All I'm mainly looking to do is add Complete Tooling Solutions to the new one inside the circle where the red is, and refine it more. I'm just not capable of doing so.

If all you need to do is add lettering where the red is that is easy as pie . It can be done in illustrator quickly . Usually it's the design that takes forever to come up with . My teachers forced us to do a few hundred drawings than pick 10 and do it again until you got down to 3 that you showed the client. That's the time consuming part .

That is mainly all I want to do, but I know it will have to be reworked slightly like I mentioned above so it doesn't turn out awkward. No colors needed, but I am open to a better polish/finish job. There is definitely room for improvement on my design!

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since I've been having fun lately with graphics for something else, I figured I'd give this a shot too. Here's what I got after rebuilding the logo as an SVG in Inkscape:

CTS logo.png

CTS logo - Red.png

The "Est. 2003" is in the corner, I just didn't give it a background in this. Can easily give the entire image a white background though.

Here's the SVG I made for anyone that wants it (like someone who actually has been taught how to do this stuff, instead of just picking up a piece of open-source software a few months ago and started having fun).

CTS logo - no original.zip

(It's labeled 'no original' because I removed the original image he attached earlier, that I was using as reference.)

It is an "Inkscape SVG" but I believe it is compatible with anything that can open an SVG, they just might not have the layers I used in Inkscape. At least that's my best guess.

Since I've been having fun lately with graphics for something else, I figured I'd give this a shot too. Here's what I got after rebuilding the logo as an SVG in Inkscape:

attachicon.gifCTS logo.png

attachicon.gifCTS logo - Red.png

The "Est. 2003" is in the corner, I just didn't give it a background in this. Can easily give the entire image a white background though.

Here's the SVG I made for anyone that wants it (like someone who actually has been taught how to do this stuff, instead of just picking up a piece of open-source software a few months ago and started having fun).

attachicon.gifCTS logo - no original.zip

(It's labeled 'no original' because I removed the original image he attached earlier, that I was using as reference.)

It is an "Inkscape SVG" but I believe it is compatible with anything that can open an SVG, they just might not have the layers I used in Inkscape. At least that's my best guess.

That turned out pretty nice, and was exactly what I had in mind. I think that would look pretty sweet on a set of hockey jerseys!

That turned out pretty nice, and was exactly what I had in mind. I think that would look pretty sweet on a set of hockey jerseys!

only problem is that the font is to fine to be printed decently

plus it should be white instead of black (on the red logo), that black font will fade away as soon as it hints the press.

Edited by WarWeeny

plus it should be white instead of black (on the red logo), that black font will fade away as soon as it hints the press.

Changed the font color for the red version and bolded it in both, so it would hopefully be printed better. Bolding made the characters wide enough on the bottom that I increased the character spacing and, because I didn't like the look of the white directly on the red, I added a thin black border to the lettering:

CTS logo.png

CTS logo - Red.png

CTS logo - no original.zip

Changed the font color for the red version and bolded it in both, so it would hopefully be printed better. Bolding made the characters wide enough on the bottom that I increased the character spacing and, because I didn't like the look of the white directly on the red, I added a thin black border to the lettering:

im afraid that bolding isnt enough with that font :(

try a non serif font, that will fit better and its less fine then the one you picked

also try to center the text in the circle, the S on solutions is hugging the innerline of the cirlce for example, same with the text on the top.

linings around the letter seems good on the digital logo but when it is actually pressed it would either fade away or smudge with the letters, try to avoid that, remember it is printed on clothing so a good chance it will be silk-screen printed on the shirts and that is pretty picky in terms of lines and fine texts

im speaking out of experience, trust me on this one ;)

Edited by WarWeeny

im afraid that bolding isnt enough with that font :(

try a non serif font, that will fit better and its less fine then the one you picked

also try to center the text in the circle, the S on solutions is hugging the innerline of the cirlce for example, same with the text on the top.

linings around the letter seems good on the digital logo but when it is actually pressed it would either fade away or smudge with the letters, try to avoid that, remember it is printed on clothing so a good chance it will be silk-screen printed on the shirts and that is pretty picky in terms of lines and fine texts

im speaking out of experience, trust me on this one ;)

I just tried to replicate the original logo. If you have a better design concept for it, go right ahead and use the SVG I made, if you want. I'm just glad I had a reason to play around with "Put on Path" function for text in Inkscape. Definitely not the best implemented part of Inkscape, but then the software is at version 0.48.