48 replies to this topic

#1 ekiM

ekiM

I need help in BF:BC2

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 663 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 09:58 PM

Season 18 has officially begun airing, and what a beginning! The whole episode didn't feel scripted, the guest wasn't boring, the Aventador was beautiful, and at the end my hair was standing on end. A great start and hopefully the series continues on this high note.

Posted Image

Spoiler

"Why is it that when you take advantage of a tax break, you're a smart businessman, but if you take advantage of something you need to not be hungry (food stamps), you're a moocher?" Jon Stewart

#2 greengiant912

greengiant912

hl2.exe has stopped working

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1453 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 10:17 PM

Season 18 has officially begun airing, and what a beginning! The whole episode didn't feel scripted, the guest wasn't boring, the Aventador was beautiful, and at the end my hair was standing on end. A great start and hopefully the series continues on this high note.

Posted Image

Spoiler

I hate that they don't air them right away on BBC America... Guess I will have to wait o.o

My Website  Twitter  XBL  PSN  STEAM

MSI Z68A-GD65(G3) - Intel i7 2600k - eVGA GTX570 Classified - 16gb Gskill DDR3 - Windows 7 Professional x64

15 inch Macbook Pro with Retina Display - Apple iPhone 5s 32gb - iPad 2 - 32gb - Xbox 360 Elite - PlayStation 3 (Slim) - Nintendo Wii - Xbox One - PlayStation 4

Server+ Certified - A+ Certified - Bachelors of Science in Information Technology

#3 DrDigitized2

DrDigitized2

• Folding Member
  • 238 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 11:16 PM

I love that show. I just found out about it this last year. I like the BBC version better then the History Chanel.

sigimageu=32359&c1=FFFFFF&c2=000000&c3=0

Mobo: ASRock Z68 Fatal1ty,   Case: HAF 932 Blue edition, CPU: i5 2500K, PSU SeaSonic X-1250, GPU GIGABYTE GV-R795WF3-3GD Radeon HD 7950, RAM: Mushkin 8GB DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800),
 SSD: Corsair Force Series 3 120GB, HDD: 250GB, Water Cooler: XSPC Rasa 750 RX360, OS:Win 7 Home Premium 64 Bit TIM: Tuniq TX-2 Monitor PLANAR 27"

#4 Prunes

Prunes

Geek

• News Editor
  • PipPipPip
  • 869 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 11:38 PM

About time. I've seen all the previous seasons about a million times, cause they keep sending them over and over again. But the new episode should air tonight here in Denmark :popcorn:

Formerly known as Ecofriendly

My rig:

Mobo: Asus P8Z68 Pro Gen 3
CPU: Intel i5 2500k @ 4.3
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i with 2x Corsair SP 120 Quiet Edition
GPU: MSI GTX 670 Power Edition
SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 128 GB
HDD: WD Cavier Black 1TB
PSU: Corsair AX860i
Case: Fractal Design R4 Black

#5 MJCRO

MJCRO

Certified Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1749 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 11:48 PM

I've been watching BBC Top Gear since I was a kid. This new Top Gear in the U.S. needs to go. Jeremy Clarkson and James May are my idols. Top Gear in the U.S. is such a joke.

#6 xPETEZx

xPETEZx

.:!!MEAT!!:.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2084 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 12:57 AM

awesome episode last night! And judging by the little preview of the rest of the season, it should be a great season! Cant wait :)

Main: | Win 7 Pro x64 | C2Q Q9550 @ 3.4 | 8GB OCZ Reaper | 2x Sapphire HD5850 1GB in CFX | ASUS P5Q-E | Creative X-Fi | OCZ Vertex 3 240GB | Corsair HX750W | Logitech G15 + G5 + Z5500 | 2x Dell 2007FP |

Media: | Win 8.1 Pro x64 | C2Q Q6600 | 4GB Corsair Dominator | Gainward GTS250 512MB | Intel DP35DP | Samsung SSD 256GB | ASUS Xonar D2 | PC Power & Cooling 610W | Antec Veris | Onyko TX-NR515 + Tanoy SFX5.1 | Sharp LC32U700e |

Server: | Win 8.1 Pro x64 | i5 - 4430 | 16GB Corsair XMS3 | Gigabyte Z87-HD3 | Corsair RM550 | Kingston 128GB | Corsair Neutron 256GB | 4x 1TB Samsung F3 (2x RAID1) | Samsung F4 2TB (Backups) |

#7 Andrewr05

Andrewr05

I'll be whatever I wanna do!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11611 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 09:27 AM

I really don't get why we're always behind the UK, BBC America would get so many more viewers if they aired them sooner.

I understand there are differences and certain things have to be cut (some episodes removed/cut entirely) for American audiences but I could see maybe being a month behind.

Also I just realized last week that the show "An Idiot Abroad' has already aired the 2nd season in the UK, we're leftovers on that show too.

So for fans of that show and Top Gear, you can find it all online months and months and months in advance.

ona5.png

If you see the cops - LEAVE.

If the cops are coming - Don't be there.
If you show up and the cops are already there - DISAPPEAR.
Anyplace the cops are and you aren't, is a good day

:yes: 

Rig specs:

Spoiler

#8 nVidia_Freak

nVidia_Freak

Bork, bork, bork

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1466 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 10:10 AM

And judging by the little preview of the rest of the season, it should be a great season!

I agree, though I felt a little pang seeing an e30 dropped on its roof. :-/

**First OCC UberLlama**
Posted Image
** Noctua Owners Club: Member #4 NH-C12P SE14 // NF-P14 FLX // NF-P12-1300 **

#9 Tjj226_Angel

Tjj226_Angel

Total Nerd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2535 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 10:29 AM

I absolutley love top gear. I actually have two other friends and we pretty much make up the US version of James, Hammond, and Jeremy. The only thing is, instead of cars, we do explosives :evilgrin: . Every time I watch the show the cars always remind me of the arguments and challenges me and my friends have with each other to make the biggest explosive possible (without killing ourselves). I think by far my most favorite episode was when they tried to find the worlds best road to drive on.......spoiler alert: they found it :biggrin:

You know, it does suck that we are so far behind england, but honestly I would rather be twice as far behind than to have American top gear even air at all. Seriously. Ancient Aliens ranks as highly as it does, because it is something to wash away the terrible memory of an American top gear episode. If I recall correctly, the first car they did was the dodge viper v10. :pfp: :pfp: :pfp: :pfp: . What a POS to start off with. Have some class and do a Ferrari please. The other thing that ticks me off is they stole the Stig. Their Stig is not THE stig, it is a stig. GAHHHHHHH it pisses me off to no end. The American version needs to die, and the UK version needs to live forever.

#10 greengiant912

greengiant912

hl2.exe has stopped working

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1453 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 10:30 AM

I really don't get why we're always behind the UK, BBC America would get so many more viewers if they aired them sooner.

I understand there are differences and certain things have to be cut (some episodes removed/cut entirely) for American audiences but I could see maybe being a month behind.

Also I just realized last week that the show "An Idiot Abroad' has already aired the 2nd season in the UK, we're leftovers on that show too.

So for fans of that show and Top Gear, you can find it all online months and months and months in advance.

This is what I don't get, supposedly the UK has stricter regulations on what is broadcasted. Why the hell can't they show it unedited here? It makes no sense at all... I could understand if it was syndicated to another network, but BBC has an American network.... Its annoying....

Hell back in the Day, I used to be able to get Stargate from the UK weeks in advance of the US broadcasting... Its stupid sometimes...

Also, I refuse to recognize the History Channel's version as Top Gear it is not.... There is only one Top Gear in my mind.

Edited by greengiant912, 30 January 2012 - 10:32 AM.

My Website  Twitter  XBL  PSN  STEAM

MSI Z68A-GD65(G3) - Intel i7 2600k - eVGA GTX570 Classified - 16gb Gskill DDR3 - Windows 7 Professional x64

15 inch Macbook Pro with Retina Display - Apple iPhone 5s 32gb - iPad 2 - 32gb - Xbox 360 Elite - PlayStation 3 (Slim) - Nintendo Wii - Xbox One - PlayStation 4

Server+ Certified - A+ Certified - Bachelors of Science in Information Technology

#11 nVidia_Freak

nVidia_Freak

Bork, bork, bork

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1466 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 10:46 AM

Rarely is a show in the US granted more than one hour of run time with commercials included. BBC's Top Gear runs approximately one hour without commercials. It's not uncommon for BBC shows to run at odd time slots as compared to other broadcasters'. Some shows might have a 1:35 (hours:minutes) or 0:45 time slot, or some other odd time. If there are no shows short enough to fit in the time slot before the next hour it's usually filled up with a couple brief news segments and commercials. That's what I've noticed anyhow. I've never seen anything from US broadcasters that funky.

Edited by nVidia_Freak, 30 January 2012 - 10:47 AM.

**First OCC UberLlama**
Posted Image
** Noctua Owners Club: Member #4 NH-C12P SE14 // NF-P14 FLX // NF-P12-1300 **

#12 xPETEZx

xPETEZx

.:!!MEAT!!:.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2084 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 12:23 PM

welcome to our world for everything US. US shows like 24 take months and months to get over here. Films are often released way in adanvce your side of the pond too. Nice to see we do get some things first :P
But seriously, I just wish they would release stuff world wide same time. It would cut down on piracy so much too! I know it would make me stop downloading episodes of TV shows I want if I knew I could just watch/record em of air.

I agree, though I felt a little pang seeing an e30 dropped on its roof. :-/

Oh me too :-/ Also think I saw them smash up an XF and a brand new Focus... then launch the facus off some kind of thing... could be interesting whats going on there!

Main: | Win 7 Pro x64 | C2Q Q9550 @ 3.4 | 8GB OCZ Reaper | 2x Sapphire HD5850 1GB in CFX | ASUS P5Q-E | Creative X-Fi | OCZ Vertex 3 240GB | Corsair HX750W | Logitech G15 + G5 + Z5500 | 2x Dell 2007FP |

Media: | Win 8.1 Pro x64 | C2Q Q6600 | 4GB Corsair Dominator | Gainward GTS250 512MB | Intel DP35DP | Samsung SSD 256GB | ASUS Xonar D2 | PC Power & Cooling 610W | Antec Veris | Onyko TX-NR515 + Tanoy SFX5.1 | Sharp LC32U700e |

Server: | Win 8.1 Pro x64 | i5 - 4430 | 16GB Corsair XMS3 | Gigabyte Z87-HD3 | Corsair RM550 | Kingston 128GB | Corsair Neutron 256GB | 4x 1TB Samsung F3 (2x RAID1) | Samsung F4 2TB (Backups) |