[FS] MSI R9 290 Gaming *like new* [SOLD]

Sanosuke_Sagara

$200 + shipping

Just received this card back from RMA.  I sent it to RMA with a bunch of cards, and got this one back today, and GPU-Z shows it has R9 290x shaders

5h7.png

and this is what my stock reference R9 290 GPU-Z looks like to compare the shader count

ddd.png

This is my last card iam selling!!  I sold one earlyer not too long ago.  This is a perfect card, trust me, I keep RMAing cards until i get one back with zero fan troubles and artifact problems.  And I run benchmarks and fold@home and Litecoin mining on the cards just to test it out to make sure it runs like it should stock.

IMG_20141113_213819_zps9a3c1ab4.jpg

IMG_20150103_162544_zpsdd80903c.jpg

Edited by Sanosuke_Sagara

Yeah just because the Pixel and Texture fillrates are higher than a stock R9 290 doesn't mean this is a R9 290X.

The TMUs/SPs of your card are equal to the R9 290.

Your R9 290 is simply a factory overclocked R9 290 (which is why the core clock is higher, and thus the Pixel and Texture fillrates) and NOT a R9 290X

I was curious about the same thing.  The core clock is in line with the MSI R9 290 Gaming version, not the R9 290X Gaming version.  But the shader count is baffling.

Either way, it's a good price for the card.  If I were looking to spend money just for the sake of spending money, I'd buy this one and another one to just to check out the Crossfire performance.

I was originally guessing that the card the OP received was a warranty return from someone else who did the 290 to 290X flash and probably wasn't happy with the results.  But then the clock doesn't match up.

ok bench results on 3dmark firestorm:

290 Reference stock clocks : 8343

290 Gaming (original card): 8654

290x (the one i sold a month ago): 9015

290 Gaming RMA returned stock: 8703

290 Gaming RMA returned @1030Mhz (same clock as a 290x): 8963

290 Gaming RMA returned @1060Mhz : 9097

yeah.. its close.. but its not a 290x.. its just a 290

Still for sale!!!  This is my last 290 I am selling.  I am keeping my reference card to water cool.. I would crack open one of those Gaming or X.. but i figured its such a nice aftermarket cooler that I sell these and mod the reference card (because not many people are going to want the reference), theres also still 2 years of warranty left on the card.

A 290 Special edition haha, I almost wanna buy it just because it's cool as shit but I'm having a hard time justifying it from my "280x" even though I'm rocking 2560x1600.

How are the temps on it?

Just found this article: http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/graphics/display/20131121230059_AMD_Radeon_R9_290_Can_Be_Easily_Transformed_into_R9_290X_Report.html

Maybe someone bios flashed that and sent it in for a broken fan or something and then you go it after they fixed it as luck of the draw

Edited by IVIYTH0S