Apple Store Racism? You decide

sdy284

My experience i assum was just because i had tatoo's..

I can goto a $45 base min. dinner a couple miles away with no problem, but at the apple store.. :lol:

oh well, its just them making sure that their process is somewhat selective to the people they want to buy their product.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My experience i assum was just because i had tatoo's..

I can goto a $45 base min. dinner a couple miles away with no problem, but at the apple store.. :lol:

oh well, its just them making sure that their process is somewhat selective to the people they want to buy their product.

Yes sell them to the easily influenced low self esteem people that need that little confidence boost that only comes with owning something shiny with an Apple on it. :)

Sounds like an isolated incident.

You'd think the people who work at the apple store would be safe because it seems like it would be a very bad place for someone to rob considering there always crowded and they keep almost all there merchandise in a locked back room and they probably don't keep a lot of cash on hand considering most apple products are so expensive and most people wouldn't want to walk around with that type of cash in there pockets.

Edited by fire_storm

Sounds like an isolated incident.

You'd think the people who work at the apple store would be safe because it seems like it would be a very bad place for someone to rob considering there always crowded and they keep almost all there merchandise in a locked back room and they probably don't keep a lot of cash on hand considering most apple products are so expensive and most people wouldn't want to walk around with that type of cash in there pockets.

I try to buy everything physical in cash, though truthfully I'd never shop there so your point stands strong :lol:

I try to buy everything physical in cash, though truthfully I'd never shop there so your point stands strong :lol:

Well apple already doesn't take cash if you want to buy an iphone.

Edited by fire_storm

Yea, they wanted to curb the export of iPhones so they instituted a no-cash policy for iPhones

...isn't that illegal?

like in some stores they have a "no bills greater than $20 accepted" but if they're presented with a $50 they pretty much have to accept it..

Even on dollar bills it says "This note is legal tender for all debts public and private." So shouldn't Apple be legally bound to accept cash if it's presented to them?

/off-topic

Back on topic, I do kinda see this as racial profiling. Sure he might've set off a red flag when he said "i'm in a hurry," but he knew exactly what he wanted, and I just checked Apple's website, if he were gonna steal a macbook pro, i would have asked for the fastest, most expensive model they had, if I were him, not the 2.66GHz one... but that's just me.

...isn't that illegal?

http://www.federalreserve.gov/generalinfo/faq/faqcur.htm#2

Is U.S. currency legal tender for all debts?

According to the "Legal Tender Statute" (section 5103 of title 31 of the U.S. Code), "United States coins and currency (including Federal Reserve notes and circulating notes of Federal Reserve banks and national banks) are legal tender for all debts, public charges, taxes, and dues." This means that all U.S. money, as identified above, when tendered to a creditor legally satisfies a debt to the extent of the amount (face value) tendered.

However, no federal law mandates that a person or an organization must accept currency or coins as payment for goods or services not yet provided. For example, a bus line may prohibit payment of fares in pennies or dollar bills.

Some movie theaters, convenience stores and gas stations as a matter of policy may refuse to accept currency of a large denomination, such as notes above $20, and as long as notice is posted and a transaction giving rise to a debt has not already been completed, these organizations have not violated the legal tender law.

ah okay. So it would only be illegal in the case of I walk into an Apple Store, pick an iPhone off the shelf and bring it to the register? But it's not since they have to go into the back and get one for you, have you pay, then give you the item (providing goods after payment)?

haha -sigh- whatever it still seems wrong to me :P