How big is too big for a desktop gaming monitor?

helium_biscuit

I think size is up to the person, if you enjoy larger size go for it.

^ this, i tried a friend's rig @ 32" and it looks nice for me both on windows environment & games.

if only i have the budget for that 27" X-star or a decent 32" then that would be my monitor today, though i'm happy atm with my 23" IPS 1080p.

24" here and pretty but...

I've been using a 30" 2560 x 1600 monitor for a few years. No issues for me.

...I agree 30" is probably what'd be the maximum I'd want for high resolution and largest non-overkill but accommodating size.

24" here and pretty but...

I've been using a 30" 2560 x 1600 monitor for a few years. No issues for me.

...I agree 30" is probably what'd be the maximum I'd want for high resolution and largest non-overkill but accommodating size.

I'm about 2-3 feet away from it. Once you get used to it, it feels weird to play on a 24" 1920 x 1200 screen. I'm sure it might be the same way on a 32" 4096 x 2160 monitor.

I have a 27" Qnix on a small desk (same as the X-star ^), I sit about 2 feet away.  Love it.  I also keep a 17" on the side, handy for photoshop and documents more than anything.

The bigger the screen then the farther back you can sit, too close and you need to turn your head to see whats on the other side of the screen (not good for gaming).  I don't think I'd want to go any bigger than a 30" without a bigger desk/ sitting farther back.