Active Cooling OCZ vx gold and mobo

Trying to read up on this and all I have seen so far is that: Hey, high voltage, make sure you "active cool" your mem and mosfet (sp)/ upper right portion of mobo (sli dr, sorry im bias).

Any chance we can get some discussion going on how best to do this (e.g. placement and type of fan to use etc...)

My biggest question is can I water cool either of these? :drool:

Trying to read up on this and all I have seen so far is that: Hey, high voltage, make sure you "active cool" your mem and mosfet (sp)/ upper right portion of mobo (sli dr, sorry im bias).

Any chance we can get some discussion going on how best to do this (e.g. placement and type of fan to use etc...)

Look at my signature :nod:

Guest Kronos

I have an 80MM fan blowing over my RAM. Works very well.

I currently have it tangled up in the wires behind my dives...Seems to work well. :D

Thats what Im beginning to think is the answer. I have seen these, but does not appear that you can angle them to hit the ram, not sure if this would generate enough airflo. Anyone use anything like these?

Ultra 5.25" Bay Freezer with 2 - 60mm Cooling Fans - Black

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/se...73&sku=ULT30982

-- This one doesnt look like you could angle towards ram and mosfet.

Ultra PC Vent II System Exhaust with 2 - 45mm Fans - Black

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/se...77&sku=ULT30986

-- This one looks like you might be able to angle towards mosfet, but definitely screwed if running sli

Could be I might just jam an 80mm under drive and aim like Kronos!