question about autodetection of memory timings

hi,

so i am testing a pair of supposedly matched memory sticks (see memory in sig) and i see the following when the memory settings options in the bios are all set to AUTO:

when i put stick_1 in dimm 1 i get 3-3-3-8 when the mobo autodetects it,

when i put stick_2 in dimm 1 i get 2-3-2-5 when the mobo autodetects it.

WTF? does this mean that they are NOT matched?

i repeated the same with dimm 2 and got the same autodetection timings...

hi,

so i am testing a pair of supposedly matched memory sticks (see memory in sig) and i see the following when the memory settings options in the bios are all set to AUTO:

when i put stick_1 in dimm 1 i get 3-3-3-8 when the mobo autodetects it,

when i put stick_2 in dimm 1 i get 2-3-2-5 when the mobo autodetects it.

WTF? does this mean that they are NOT matched?

i repeated the same with dimm 2 and got the same autodetection timings...

Im assuming flashing the CMOS and updated BIOS is not fixing it right? Otherwise amy need the replace them. How to they are both installed on the orange slots?

memnoch7, I don't understand your question... Are you concerned that they aren't reading the same speed, or that they're not running dual channel? Either way, you will most likely need to adjust your timings in bios. You can try my settings (in my sig) as I have the same ram. Hope it works for ya.

Im assuming flashing the CMOS and updated BIOS is not fixing it right? Otherwise amy need the replace them. How to they are both installed on the orange slots?

no i test them one at the time (in only one same slot) and i get different SPD on autodetection. so i was wondering if that means that the memory sticks are not matched. And yes i did clear the CMOS and updated the bios to latest official one and also the 512FIX

memnoch7, I don't understand your question... Are you concerned that they aren't reading the same speed, or that they're not running dual channel? Either way, you will most likely need to adjust your timings in bios. You can try my settings (in my sig) as I have the same ram. Hope it works for ya.

I want to know if the rams are not matched (based on SPD autodetection values), would this cause the rams NOT to be able to work in dual channel.

I would try just entering the values that the package says they're rated at, and see if the run in dual channel and ATLEAST stock mhz. If it bothers you, or if they don't do this, then ya, probably RMA time, cause I have to assume they should read the same.

I would try just entering the values that the package says they're rated at, and see if the run in dual channel and ATLEAST stock mhz. If it bothers you, or if they don't do this, then ya, probably RMA time, cause I have to assume they should read the same.

I really whish they would run in dual channel in my DFI... but it seems that my DFI mobo is more sensible to mismatch sticks than other brands (works in asus an8 in dual channel @ advertised timings). Between RMAing them and exchange (still within 30 days) what would be better?