Pimp your "Angry Lab" here!

Cobia69

I'm in the early planning stages of building an entertainment center to accomodate my 42inch Plasma and 35inch standard TV.

Did you get your wood already aged to account for shrinkage?

Yes i can stand on it, that was the first test i did, It's even level.

I wanted to build something i could disassemble but i couldn't think of a way to make it really sturdy and portable. But i was able to fit it through all the doors.

I used a Oak top and the rest is quality pine. Oak for the whole thing would cost way to much.

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Joalaielna

Nope.

I didn't even think about that. And I'm sure it costs alot more money, which I don't have. :(

Whats the point?

If you're refering to the question about the aged wood, my Dad always built furniture from aged wood to make sure there weren't any cracks or splitting that would occur after it was finished. Fresh cut wood stock can also dry with a curve.

• 1 month later...
Guest thespin

Main work area showing backup system - main system being rebuilt:

originaldesk2yg.th.jpg

Secondary area in opposite corner - where backup system is based:

newdesk2be.th.jpg YES! THAT'S ANGELINA!

• 6 months later...

like a blast from the past, mr Angry_Games brings a thread back to life with a +3 Necromancer Wish of Flaming Destruction! (take that undead heathen!)

Full Size 1600x1200

new_desk1b.jpg

Full Size 1600x1200

new_desk2b.jpg

finally...a desk that can house 2x 19" widescreen monitors and give me a bit of space...except I still really don't like it and will end up giving it to momma in a month and just getting the damn corner/L desk I want (or think I want...I will NEVER find a desk that truly makes me happy!)

• 1 month later...

I'm starting to wish that I didn't ever think about the thread because obviously mistakes are not tolerated

It was not a complaint by the way.

After searching I PM'd other mods (Sound) and he thought by workstation I meant modding station, not computer area. He gave it the OK so I started the thread.

Entirely not his fault but it was not because of lazyness that I failed to see this thread... and my vision is 20/20 ;)

V2000-939-010.jpg