WARNING about bios bug in 7/04 beta bios

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

predictable.

People complain about BETA bioses and one or the other person had a CPU destroyed...BINGO....no beta bios for YOU.

I knew it the minute i read the complaints months ago....and we havent seen a new beta bios ever since.

predictable.

People complain about BETA bioses and one or the other person had a CPU destroyed...BINGO....no beta bios for YOU.

I knew it the minute i read the complaints months ago....and we havent seen a new beta bios ever since.

If this is true it certainly does suck. I have been waiting for the next one anxiously. Oskar please tell us this isn't true!! This would be really lame, there are alot more people who enjoy the BIOSs then those that don't!! I feel that we should still be getting them. Not that it matters what I feel, but it would be nice!!

-Freez

oskar got his butt kicked over the CPU killing bios, and the fact that he'd released so many bioses for this board before a stable official one was released. (which still had a few flwas, like the cold boot)

While we know that betas can do that, and are ok with it his boss apparently wasnt...

more bioses will come eventually.

I've been using 704-3 for quite some time. Yes, I read the warnings and avoided using Vcore multipliers above a certain amount. That bios has allowed me to run these Ballistix 2x1Gb sticks at 300 Mhz 3-3-3-8-1T at 2.77V (measured at the sockets). No massaging all those memory parameters. Everything at default or auto, except basic timings. That is the mark of a great bios to me. Though I'm saddened by the prospect of getting no more betas, I'm pretty happy with what I got.

Hoot

hell yeah its a good bios. It's got some great potential, and worked well for OC'ing. but its bugs/flaws make it unsafe to use.

If you start getting inexplicable BSOD's, flash away fast in case the same thing happens to you with the ram dying.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ElAguila

It is a good bios version. Hopefully an official or another beta will be released soon that will fix those vcore bugs.

• 2 months later...

i hope there is a new version released too, but it doesn't look promising so far

at the moment i'm using tony's modded 704 bios, but i'd like to have the fine adjustment of the voltages that you get with the higher percentages

hey pyro: its offtopic, how is that tagan PSU holding up? I couldnt get an OCZ Locally, so i settled for the modular 580W tagan instead... its for a planned crossfire rig, do you think it'd hold up?

Sorry for the OT guys.