DFI is not for the novice

Guest nova
These boards may not be for the novice, but I have to say, its the damn best board I've ever owned. And I've been building my systems for the past 8

Yeah,... I've been modding, OC'n, and building these things starting in 1981 (Anyone remember the Osborne) :D . While these new DFI's are very, very good (especially at OC'ing), I'm not quite ready to declare them the best "I've ever owned".

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DrAgO

a novice has to start off somewhere, so why not DFI? if u can master DFI board u can challenge anything, thats the way i see it, and DFI-street has the best support ive seen in a while *so does OCZ* so if u have aprob just make a topic on here...

Yeah,... I've been modding, OC'n, and building these things starting in 1981 (Anyone remember the Osborne) :D . While these new DFI's are very, very good (especially at OC'ing), I'm not quite ready to declare them the best "I've ever owned".

Then I quess so far I'm having extremely good luck and enjoying what I have, or haven't really owned agazillion of boards before, both of which would ring true "for me". :dog:

Guest nova
a novice has to start off somewhere, so why not DFI?

I agree,... DFI is as good a place as any to start out, probably better than most (I mean, is there a better brand specific forum out there?)

Guest nova
Then I quess so far I'm having extremely good luck and enjoying what I have, or haven't really owned agazillion of boards before, both of which would ring true "for me". :dog:

Cylok,

I hope you took no offense,... as there was none intended. I was just pointing out that over the years there have been a number of very, very good boards out there.

Cylok,

I hope you took no offense,... as there was none intended. I was just pointing out that over the years there have been a number of very, very good boards out there.

No, no, none taken. And I agree there are a lot of boards that have been awesome boards for their intended markets over the years. But, what I meant by being the best I've ever owned, and I should have stated as much, is that with this board being intended more for the hardcore enthusiast..... it has been a breeze for me to setup and have running as expected. i.e. Be able to achieve a very nice O/C right off the bat with a minimal amount of fuss and hair pulling, what little I have left... :D No other board I have ever tried to run has been as easy to work with as this has. And I've had Shuttle, Asus, Abit, Epox, MSI, and a few others. And outside of Shuttle and Abit, none have even come close to fullfilling my expectiations as well as this DFI board. :cool:

Remeber these:

NorthStar, Cromemco, PD-8, hand built my first in 75 or so with soldering iron in hand.

A NorthStar kit. Apple had just introduced their first PC with IBM no where in sight.

Here a picture and specs off my first baby all though it is 77 memory not as good as it use to be. http://www.old-computers.com/museum/computer.asp?st=1&c=50

Had a Trash80 serial # 42 (TRS-80)

Watched 2 young men grow up and run MS & Apple.

I am 49 and have been building, moding, and playing with PC since 75.

So I know a little.

Yes I am one of the first of you. Just call me Old Fart.

Guest Blooz1

Sage, great pic!

I remember the "Trash-80" - loading progs off of audio cassettes! HAR! I had a boss who bought one for our company, but the only thing he ever got it to do was play a rudimentary blackjack game! Damn thing had all the "bells and whistles", cost over $4K!

well, two "old farts" 49 here also ... and yes, first computer build was an s100 bus ... and the 8" washing machine floppies, oh the joy, when the double sided double densities came out!!

I worked at Evans and Sutherland, at the time, repairing the CT5 flight simulator, wirewrapped back panels ... had about 1500 cards in a 6 channel system (million bucks a channel, government contracts)