Who here would like to see an Nforce4 Ultra m-ATX board?

293 members have voted

1. 1.

• Hell yeah I would!!!
    • No, I'm not into SFF, I believe bigger is better
    • I like lugging my 50lb PC to LAN parties. It's the only workout I get as a geek.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, if it is not a motherboard based on NF3/4, well it's no use for us overclockers, as there is no possibility to lock the pci/pci-e/agp frequencies with Ati/Sis/(...) chipsets until now (I don't say it's not possible but it has not been the case until now).

Which means only minor o/c.

I had this nice mobo Asrock 939A8X-M for testing, and it was rock-stable, with all the options to overclock in the bios. But of course you coud not go high without being able to lock the agp slot frequency. I could go to Windows and do some SuperPI with fsb 250 1:1 with 1T but my 6800GT was suffering (small glitches when you opened programs).

On the NF4 side, I've only seen a Foxconn (Leadtek) mobo in micro-atx size, but it is completely lacking a decent bios, nothing can be set and you get only one P-ATA port.

And by the way, using a micro-atx case does not always mean a SFF power supply, I have a full width micro-atx case using standard atx power supply, it is an AOpen case.

I think it might have some OCing opitions...it will have gigabite ethernet and SATAII atleast. I thought the C51 was based on the nForce 4 though.

Micro-ATX boards being now seen as "value market" boards, overclocking is usually out of the question, you get S-ATA and you have to be happy with that.

Once upon a time, there were some nice NForce 2 micro-atx boards, but then they disappeared VERY quickly to be replaced by boards with Sis/VIA KM chipsets (probably cheaper to produce because these chipsets were much cheaper).

And since then, I have never seen a decent micro-atx board again for AMD cpu, whereas the choice for Pentium 4 is huge!

Micro-ATX boards being now seen as "value market" boards, overclocking is usually out of the question, you get S-ATA and you have to be happy with that.

Once upon a time, there were some nice NForce 2 micro-atx boards, but then they disappeared VERY quickly to be replaced by boards with Sis/VIA KM chipsets (probably cheaper to produce because these chipsets were much cheaper).

And since then, I have never seen a decent micro-atx board again for AMD cpu, whereas the choice for Pentium 4 is huge!

you never know though...mATX is making a comeback I think. Maybe people are liking the new sff cases like the qpack and cheming cases. I could easily see DFI going with a "hybrid" board if you will...benefits of mATX with onboard video but at the same time having some OCing opitions. The C51 chipset seems to be pretty nice..we will just have to see.

I wish angry-games would get back with me on this one...

already told you many times...ive no word of SFF or mATX boards and my own boss, the sales manager of the USA region says there are no plans for this in the pipe.

but you dont believe anything i say so i dont bother answering you anymore.

Well thats confusing...I got Jacky and Greta (jacky is from the US office i believe) to confirm this..

Can you atleast explain the mixed messages?

I'm just trying to find a good mATX board, I can wait for a month or so...I have 2 saying DFI is making one and you saying its not. Obviously I believe you some because I have my doubts which is why I keep asking questions. Although in 2 months or so we will know.

Guest Ender

well, it looks like I won't be building a SFF system until sometime next year

maybe by then there will be some beter boards out

I prefer ASUS, MSI and Jetway (for a solid inexpensive build). The A210GDMS-Pro is rock solid and has many features that MSI and ECS don't have. The Jetway board is fast and stable and the ULI south bridge is far superior to the ATI south bridge. Plus the board will hold 4 gigs of RAM :dog:

I used to use DFI motherboards but I had all kinds of problems, capacitors bulging or exploding, numerous bios problems ect. Their customer service was terrible and the RMA process was horrible, and if you spill water on the board it won't work! Wazzzup with that? I water test all my boards, and DFI just don't like the wa wa. :drool:

I used to use DFI motherboards but I had all kinds of problems, capacitors bulging or exploding, numerous bios problems ect. Their customer service was terrible and the RMA process was horrible, and if you spill water on the board it won't work! Wazzzup with that? I water test all my boards, and DFI just don't like the wa wa. :drool:

wtf?