Who here would like to see an Nforce4 Ultra m-ATX board?

293 members have voted

1. 1.

• Hell yeah I would!!!
    • No, I'm not into SFF, I believe bigger is better
    • I like lugging my 50lb PC to LAN parties. It's the only workout I get as a geek.

I would love to see a DFI mATX board. There really is no decent choice in mATX 939 boards.

I think this thread should be stickied for atleast a week, so more people will vote.

Here is my overclocked mobile barton system in the Aspire X-Qpack. These cases have great airflow, and take standard size power supplies.

a1.jpg

Some more pics for ya:

Pic 1

Other side

wow, are there any wires in there!!! Great, clean up job!

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This just in from Jacky at DFI...

"Yes, we will have new series using Nvidia new C51 series all in one chipset for 939 mATX and it is targeting for Q3 availability.

DFI"

Here is what I sent...

Sent: Friday, July 29, 2005 12:47 PM

To: sales

Subject: mATX sale question

Good afternoon,

I have recently received an email from a lady by the name of Greta who is a Sales Manager for DFI and she told me that there were plans for a micro-ATX socket 939 board due out in Q3 from DFI. About 2 days later I heard from someone else CLAIMING to be a DFI employee that there are NO plans for a mATX socket 939 motherboard in the near future from DFI. I was just hoping if you might be able to clarify this for me so I can be sure and make the correct purpose when it comes time to get my new motherboard (which will be mATX for the x-qpack). I really hope DFI is making one because their boards have worked great for me in the past! Thanks for you help and have a great weekend.

Here is the email from Greta:

Dear Sirs,

Many thanks for your email and glad to hear that you are satisfied with DFI.

Yes, we wil have mATX socket 939 and the available time should be end of Q3.

Just for your reference.

Best regards,

Greta Kuo

Sales Manager

Tel: 886-2-26942986 ext. 659

Fax: 886-2-26943221

MSN: [email protected]

www.dfi.com

Design For Innovation

well like in halo 2 people always vote against bungie making completely SEPERATE playlists that a lot of people would like.

makes no sense. just dont buy it if you dont want it, its not like you guys are asking to change the boards over to matx.

I voted yes as well and for the same reason as Andrew. I personally probably would not buy one from DFI though. Reason is simple, to me DFI makes very strong boards for OCing. My reason for buying a mini is for running a HTPC. I would have no reason really to OC that. I would want the most stable board possable for HTPC and although DFI has proven to be a stable board, It is also more expensive then other name brand boards that are just for stable computing.

Now on the other hand, if I was into lan parties ( and I am not) then YES I would certainly buy a DFI mini!!!!

wow, are there any wires in there!!! Great, clean up job!

Everything is hidden under the motherboard. Front panel wires were taped together and ran under the board. All PSU wires wrapped in black tape and held into place. Some are hidden in unused cdrom bay along with the 2 cathode inverters. All cathode wires are hidden in the front panel (4 12 inchers). I was amazed what was possible with that case.

Everything is hidden under the motherboard. Front panel wires were taped together and ran under the board. All PSU wires wrapped in black tape and held into place. Some are hidden in unused cdrom bay along with the 2 cathode inverters. All cathode wires are hidden in the front panel (4 12 inchers). I was amazed what was possible with that case.

Reaper what PSU are you using? It kinda looks like the OCZ Modstream.... How's the fit on your PSU?

i was going to run my wires under the board, but a few things stopped me... mostly the fear of needing to pull something out. i did an awesome job on wires, i could see nothing. then i installed my power supply. needless to say it is a mess now.

Yes they are going to do a 939 mATX board based on the C51 series chipset.

Anyone that doesn't believe me can give me their email and I will forward the emails to them..I sent out 3 "confirmation" emails...and that Greta girl wrote me back saying...

Dear Sirs

I am right. There are C51 and ATI RD482 under developing which are all mATX.

Best regards,

Greta Kuo

Sales Manager

Tel: 886-2-26942986 ext. 659

Fax: 886-2-26943221

MSN: [email protected]

www.dfi.com