fx-55 overclock

cryptz

hi i have been reading the boards and looking at the fx-55 overclocks, it seems most people just set there multiplier to 14 and get up to about 2800mhz. i tried this but was not able to sucessfully boot into windows. i believe it is because i did not up my voltage, but was wondering how much i should up it before i go ahead and do something wrong =)

thx

-newb

hi i have been reading the boards and looking at the fx-55 overclocks, it seems most people just set there multiplier to 14 and get up to about 2800mhz. i tried this but was not able to sucessfully boot into windows. i believe it is because i did not up my voltage, but was wondering how much i should up it before i go ahead and do something wrong =)

thx

-newb

Your memory has to be taken into consideration as well. If it's 1:1 it's going to go up along with cpu...

Read this....

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12960

why should memory be a bother?

he's just talking of raising the multiplier while keeping memory at stock speed (FX CPUs are multiplier unlocked)

:P I've been stuck in FSB land and made a quick buttumption...Ignore me and carry on.................

FX-55 is already so fast, why settle for a measly 200 Mhz increase? Dry-ice is where it's at!

Seriously, I have seen but a few OCs worth-the-salt on the FX-55. Do a search.

BTW, Scrufdog! Used to live in Annapolis and regularly made the trip to Camden Yards to watch the orioles with my son. Was there in the early '90s. The apartment complex where I lived would charter a private bus, loaded with libations, and actually chauffeur the lot of us to and fro' the games...the best part is, they would also buy-up lots of tickets, and we'd get to go...you guessed it...FREE! Man, I miss that place!

The annual crab/beer fest at the Naval Academy Stadium was also a high-point!

Charles

Multi locked or not as u raise the fsb with any 64 your mem raises right along with it. The mem controller is on the chip. The only way not to overclock your mem is to lower your divider. With that being said even lowering your divider as your fsb raises so does your mem.

well...ive always been honest...if I had an FX-55 that I spent a lot of money for...I'd sell it and get as much out of it as I could, and get a San Diego 4000+ or 3700+ for a lot less money, or get an X2 4400+ for about the same price as the FX-55.

I dont rag anyone out for buying them...they are super fantastic @ 2600Mhz right out of the box, and most will do at least 2800Mhz...but for $800+ you'd be expecting at least 3Ghz+ but that just isn't the case unless you got some subzero cooling to go with it (add another $500+ minimum for that...yet I can do 2880Mhz on air and on water with a chip that is less than half the price and probably less than half the heat output lol...cept for that new FX-55 90nm...but it dont clock well either dammit)

thats just my PERSONAL opinion

i've not even started to overclock YOUR FX-55 yet bro lol...still priming away @ stock speeds on a new bios...hoping that this fixes the situation...this is the long stage of testing as 9h+ for each waiting period for something to fail is a lot more boring than seeing it fail every 13 minutes...but it means the road to real progress is sorta being made lol

*ahem*

Multi locked or not as u raise the fsb with any 64 your mem raises right along with it. The mem controller is on the chip. The only way not to overclock your mem is to lower your divider. With that being said even lowering your divider as your fsb raises so does your mem.

your post doesn't make sense to me. Multi locked or not, as you raise the FSB?

the poster before was talking about only raising the cpu multiplier, not the FSB.

raising only the multiplier does not raise the actual clock speed of your memory. It only raises the access rate of the memory controller that is integrated into the cpu (which is based on cpu mhz, not memory frequency)

with an FX-55, you can do 200x15 and your memory still wont clock above 200Mhz (DDR400)