Ultra-D & Venice 3500+ overclock

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, following the A64 oc guide in this forum is working miracles. I have my chip above 2.4ghz and it ran superpi no problem. Hearing that the Venice doesnt like TCC5 and HTT speeds above 260mhz makes me want to return my pc4800 for OCZ VX pc4000, is this a good idea?

@ bose301s: getting a 3500+ to 2.4 isnt that hard. for the moment i'm stuck at 2.65

11 * 240 but when i try faster it can't do super_pi

and it's not my ram, because it is at 9/10 now. so ram is running at +-200 (so normal speed)

and on my P4 system that ram did 230

anyone some advise?

well I can tell ya right now that the 510-1 is not for TCCD or my system....... 510-2 and 510-3 worked ALOT better than the 510-1. Now I just have to find time in order to work on my rig. The BIOS needs to be flashed off of the 510-1 first of all and then I gotta find the "magical" settings to match what my components like......... oh the agony...

• 3 weeks later...

well here I am back at it again......... I finally have time to work on my rig to see if I can actually get it goin. I have been at this thing for well over 8 hours within the past 15-16 hours. I am having one hell of a time tryin to get this thing goin. I am trying to use the 510T1(1T)? BIOS. I have found out that no matter what, the -1 BIOS's aren't for me and I have d/l'd all of the -2 and -3 BIOS's along with the 310P (even tho I don't think it will work nice with the Venice core). I cannot seem to get thru memtest #8 with out errors no matter what settings I throw at it. I am getting about 40 errors thru 5 passes. I will be back shortly with my settings and hopefully someone is willing to lend a hand.

J

well here are my results:

FSB Frequency: 250

LDT FSB Ratio: Auto

LDT Bus Transfer: 16 16

CPU/FSB Ratio: x11

PCIe: 101

C’n’Q: Disabled

CPU VID Startup: 1.550

CPU VID: 1.350

CPU VID Special: + 126%

LDT: 1.50

nF4: 1.60

DRAM: 2.90

DRAM + .03: Disable

DRAM Freq: 200 1:1

CPC: Enabled

Tcl: 2.5

Trcd: 3

Tras: 10

Trp: 3

Trc: 9

Trfc: 14

Trrd: 2

Twr: 2

Twtr: 2

Trwt: 3

Tref: 2336

Twcl: 1

DRAM Bank Interleave: Enabled

DQS Skew Control: Increase

DQS Skew Value: 255

DRAM Drive Strength: 7

DRAM Data Drive Strength: 1

Max Async: 6.0

DRAM Response: Fast

Read Preamble: Auto

IdleCycle: Auto

Dynamic Counter: Enable

R/W Queue: 16x

Bypass: 7x

Granularity: Disable

This setup gets me 2.75Ghz OCCT and Prime BLEND stable. Now I want to try and find out if I can get the last 5 HTT out of this thing for 2.8Ghz. Anyone got any suggestions for that?? Thanks...

J

EDIT: note that these settings are done on air cooling in a non-A/C house at 86F ambient. Yeah it is hot out today...

I also got stuck on 2650MHz, This combination seems to be having problem above 2700MHz, no matter how many combo I tried, still cannot get stable @ 2700MHz, now I really think about buying the OCZ40001024elgevx-k. So sad this TCC5 chips confuses me so much... :(

Try....

FSB Frequency: 250

LDT FSB Ratio: Auto

LDT Bus Transfer: 16 16

CPU/FSB Ratio: x11

PCIe: 101

C’n’Q: Disabled

CPU VID Startup: 1.550

CPU VID: 1.380

CPU VID Special: + 123%

LDT: 1.30

nF4: 1.80

DRAM: 2.90

DRAM + .03: Disable

DRAM Freq: 200 1:1

CPC: Enabled

Tcl: 2.5

Trcd: 3

Tras: 10

Trp: 3

Trc: 13

Trfc: 17

Trrd: 3

Twr: 3

Twtr: 2

Trwt: 3

Tref: 4708

Twcl: Auto

DRAM Bank Interleave: Enabled

DQS Skew Control: Increase

DQS Skew Value: 255

DRAM Drive Strength: 7

DRAM Data Drive Strength: 1

Max Async: 8.0

DRAM Response: Normal

Read Preamble: 5

IdleCycle: 128

Dynamic Counter: Disable

R/W Queue: 16x

Bypass: 7x

Granularity: Disable

them might be some good settings for newguy as it seems to relax the RAM quite a bit. I found that out by tryin them out myself and as I was runnin memtest I noticed a big hit in bandwith (200-300)as it is memtest'n on #5 right now, I have th e RAM runnin 260 1:1 but I am goin to have to play with thos settings a bit to see if I can get the bandwith back. That is if these settings pan out for right now and then I can worry about bandwith later. Thanks for the settings and I will tweak from here and come back with some more results.

J

edit: anybody got anything to say about some of the newer beta BIOS's? Especially anything that helped them get just that bit higher.... like say 5 HTT :D

well I have decided to come to the conclusion that 2.8 is very elusive on this chip. My goal was to get it going between 2.7-2.8 and I am at a happy 2.75. I have gone back to my original settings that I had prior to Mark099's settings that he listed. I might go ahead and try a couple of the other -2 and -3 BIOS's that have been put out. Does anyone happen to know what BIOS the 510T1 is based on???

J