My DFI has flatlined my redline....

Sharp, defo not getting hot I have lots of cooling and I have checked the ram immediately after memtesting and it was cool.

I did not try with more volts as I was already @ 3.5v, but i did not change the volts from when it booted to when it didn't.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest eva2000

not sure but i remember enermax psu's have issues with DFI boards and 4v vdimm functions ???????

not sure but i remember enermax psu's have issues with DFI boards and 4v vdimm functions ???????

Does anyone have anymore info on this??? I really need to know if thats the case

i'm still not convinced - a very high precentage of ppl having sticks dying are running 5v line ...these sticks are sometimes a few days old.

as much as you might love rumors and speculation, this is simply not true.

when you think a HIGH NUMBER of users have this problem, try to base that against the actual number of motherboards sold and in customer hands.

when you see 50 users with a problem, out of 20,000+ boards, your idea of a HIGH NUMBER begins to feel pretty small.

for DFI, 1000, 100, 10 users with a problem is too much. We don't like any problems. It makes life miserable for the customer, and for us. For those of us that take our jobs seriously and love our jobs like Rgone and I, we take it personally when a machine wont work...so personal in fact that I offer to pay shipping to have customer send their rigs to me to personally do some working-on.

now...OCZ and DFI are working very hard to find a real solution (even the cause as there is no hard evidence as to what is even causing this).

but please...before you go spouting OMG THERES THIS HUGE NUMBER OF DEFECTS, please remember that you are only one person, reading a forum or three and you don't really have any clue exactly how many boards are out there and how many are having this problem.

We (DFI and OCZ) see it since we are the ones that receive all the complaints (and threats...we can't forget about threats can we?). We dont deny there is something fishy going on.

but we arent like some of you, who rush out and point fingers and KNOW without any factual proof or scientific testing, who is at fault, and go spread it all over every public forum you can register and post at.

we appreciate that users are bringing it to our attention. we cannot fix something if we do not know there is a problem.

but it grates on my nerves to see comments like about how you just KNOW that theres ALL THESE BOARDS that are doing this or that...its those kinds of things that cause panic and disinformation, and rumors begin to spread.

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showpost.p...389&postcount=1

so again...yes we know there is a problem with a small number of users who have a specific combination of DFI NF4 and UTT memory.

no we do not have any evidence at this time of what is causing it.

yes we do know that the MAJORITY of users with NF4/UTT are NOT EXPERIENCING THIS PROBLEM.

that logically leaves, again, only a few, compared to the THOUSANDS that are running this combination, out in the cold hoping and waiting for us to find a solution.

which DFI AND OCZ ARE WORKING HARD TO RESOLVE.

thanks.

as much as you might love rumors and speculation, this is simply not true.

when you think a HIGH NUMBER of users have this problem, try to base that against the actual number of motherboards sold and in customer hands.

when you see 50 users with a problem, out of 20,000+ boards, your idea of a HIGH NUMBER begins to feel pretty small.

for DFI, 1000, 100, 10 users with a problem is too much. We don't like any problems. It makes life miserable for the customer, and for us. For those of us that take our jobs seriously and love our jobs like Rgone and I, we take it personally when a machine wont work...so personal in fact that I offer to pay shipping to have customer send their rigs to me to personally do some working-on.

now...OCZ and DFI are working very hard to find a real solution (even the cause as there is no hard evidence as to what is even causing this).

but please...before you go spouting OMG THERES THIS HUGE NUMBER OF DEFECTS, please remember that you are only one person, reading a forum or three and you don't really have any clue exactly how many boards are out there and how many are having this problem.

We (DFI and OCZ) see it since we are the ones that receive all the complaints (and threats...we can't forget about threats can we?). We dont deny there is something fishy going on.

but we arent like some of you, who rush out and point fingers and KNOW without any factual proof or scientific testing, who is at fault, and go spread it all over every public forum you can register and post at.

we appreciate that users are bringing it to our attention. we cannot fix something if we do not know there is a problem.

but it grates on my nerves to see comments like about how you just KNOW that theres ALL THESE BOARDS that are doing this or that...its those kinds of things that cause panic and disinformation, and rumors begin to spread.

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showpost.p...389&postcount=1

so again...yes we know there is a problem with a small number of users who have a specific combination of DFI NF4 and UTT memory.

no we do not have any evidence at this time of what is causing it.

yes we do know that the MAJORITY of users with NF4/UTT are NOT EXPERIENCING THIS PROBLEM.

that logically leaves, again, only a few, compared to the THOUSANDS that are running this combination, out in the cold hoping and waiting for us to find a solution.

which DFI AND OCZ ARE WORKING HARD TO RESOLVE.

thanks.

you have totally misread my post AG.

i've never said a high number of ppl are having problems ...i was putting forward my theory that those who are having memory deaths are from my experience running from the 5v jumper. i've never slated and often praised this mobo to ppl on this and other forums as i've never had a problem with it personally.

there's no question that the board kicks butt and running memory at this spec is always bound to create some problems for some ppl - more than likely it's the UTT which can't sustain these high volts like the old bh-5 process can, however it strikes me as being suspicious when so many of those having problems seem to be on the 5v. coincidence??? maybe

i don't think i'm alone with this view and i'm certainly not out to bad mouth anyone here or any product from DFI but at the same time i don't exactly know what i said to receive a such an attacking response? :confused:

Guest eva2000

i've had my DFI NF4 SLI-D for 6 months using 5v jumper mainly with original BH-5/6 and UTT BH-5/CH-5 ram from OCZ PC3200 Gold/GoldVX and no ram has ever died, but being scared by this report switched back to 3.3v jumper and TCCD Gskill ram for now.

what is strange to me is that all these reports of dead ram coincide with the release of this confirmed DFI news of 5v jumper issues ? even some of the reported ram being killed only happened after this news was released ?

i'd like to know how many of these users were using pre-414 series bios that had that know killer issue reported at http://i4memory.com/showthread.php?t=440 and http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=59414 and not related to just using 5v jumper as such

Just talked with Oskar couple minutes ago.

when you play winbond utt type of ram on DFI NF4 series, and if you set the jp17 on 2-3, after your play is done. PLEASE, do as followed:

Clear CMOS before set the jp17 back to default 1-2 position or set the 3.2v before set the jp17 back to 1-2. Several of my friends already killed their ram already. Be very careful about this.

and be sure look at when you set 2.6v and see if voltage monitor under the bios is showing exactly what you set.

question for Angry, since DFI officially only recommend 310 official bios, did this suffer from that earlier know issue that 414-xx beta bioses fixed ?

edit: not sure how closely you guys monitor your chipset fan but when i use 510-x bioses my chipset fan can stop completely for moments at times driving up chipset temps... i since went back to 414-3 as best bios for me...

wonder if using 510-x causing chipset fan to stop and heat killing chipset on board and ram ???????

edit: not sure how closely you guys monitor your chipset fan but when i use 510-x bioses my chipset fan can stop completely for moments at times driving up chipset temps... i since went back to 414-3 as best bios for me...

wonder if using 510-x causing chipset fan to stop and heat killing chipset on board and ram ???????

I noticed that a couple of times, but I think its just temp control on the boards part. I monitor my temps quite closely and I have never seen them go dangerously high.

One thing I have noticed tho is, a differant between the orange and yellow slots.

Say you put your ram in the orange slots, and say set volts to 2.8v in the bios...smart guardian will ALWAYS reports the voltage @2.77v for me (which might wobble ever so slightly). If I put that same ram in the yellow slots, and set volts to 2.8v in bios, smart guardian will report voltage at exactly 2.8v and does not seem to wobble.

I know smart guardian might not be the most reliable tool, but the results are constant. I think that if I was going to start again with high volts I would use the yellow slots this time....but thats just my instict.

Having done some more research on some other boards I am back on the fence with the CH/BH question on the Redline Pershoot. The chips are not marked and Mushkin is keeping mum on the topic. Thought I had seen where Duonger, over at extreme, had indicated one way or the other, but having looked again I found he either really doesnt know or is keeping quiet about it after the blue fiasco.