NF3 Ultra-D 939/AGP

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure impressed with this board . I'm running my 3700SD @ 9.5 x268 3T with all 4 dimms populated DC @ 166 divider. mixing and matching the ram. : )

Another happy user...Welcome aboard. Do us a favor and set yerself up a signature (part of the rules for a reason) listing all yer components so people can see what yer using and what works...

Just take a look at mine and others as an example and be as detailed as ya can...

Thanks For the Howdy OM :)

The funny thing about the 12v line reads 11.71 , but if I test with my Radio Shack digital MultiMeter I read 12.01 in the lines. Every monitoring program reads the bios but testing tells me somthing else..

Got a quick question for you guys. If I go from the system in my signature to the 939 board plus 3700+ SD, do you think I'll have to Format and reinstall windows or should it be okay since both boards use the nForce3 chipset.

Don't know.....honestly, I'd probably still format my HD just to ensure everything working smoothly but that's just me.

man with quite a few people doing pretty good and getting some nice OC results even with the board being pretty finicky in some areas I wonder if I'm kidding myself by thinking "oh I just gotta let my CPU burn in more and wait for a BIOS revision" =/

I've been meaning to test my +12v line with the multi as well as it's reading 11.77 or 11.83 most of the time which seems a bit low really.

Got a quick question for you guys. If I go from the system in my signature to the 939 board plus 3700+ SD, do you think I'll have to Format and reinstall windows or should it be okay since both boards use the nForce3 chipset.

You may have better results than me in that regard. I did exactly that which are proposing. Initially it worked, or should say kind of worked ;) I went straight away to 1T because that is where I was on the 754. Also was running RAID 0. Took me only a matter of 20 minutes or so to totally currupt the installed OS (I think) :drool: I had planned on doing a fresh install anyway but thought I'd give it a try. I only fooled with it for a little after driving 4+ hours to go pick up the mobo and processor and it was late by then. Just shut her down for the night and started fresh in the morning. After having failed a few install attempts I figured out the 2T thing AND also needing to bump up my voltage before it would do a clean start to finish install.

Anyway, it will work and my OS may not have been corrupted just kept bsoding from the 2T setting. Someone else in here went from another brand, I think an MSI NEO, and he had no problems just switching over. I would still do a fresh install regardless but that's just me. If it were a little twitchy here and there I'd always be suspicious if I hadn't started from scratch...

Thanks For the Howdy OM :)

The funny thing about the 12v line reads 11.71 , but if I test with my Radio Shack digital MultiMeter I read 12.01 in the lines. Every monitoring program reads the bios but testing tells me somthing else..

Rely on yer testing...Mine sits at 11.83 and bounces to 11.90 but mostly sits at 11.83...

If you haven't changed any voltage setting yer probably looking at a way off 1.28v on yer processor as well...

EDIT: And one other thing is even with everything at stock clocks my temperature idles at 38c...drops down to 14~15 (which I would prefer to see :) ) and then shoots back up to 38..Pretty much stays at that temp even with lots of juice and a healthy OC...

your're right it reads 1.29 but I just bump it +.02 for 1.4 . BTW what is that other CPU V setting do ? Im at 37 38 , 39 also depending on ambient... but I am really,really happy with this setup. I may look to getting some fast 1GB OCZ titaniums later but thats a maybe.

I think my week 19 Venice doesn't o/c too well. Currently settling for 9x275 1:1 2.5-3-3-6 at 2T. The board has no problems over 300; was running 8x317 using the 166 divider for awhile. Cold boot issues sometimes happen but this box stays up 24/7 most of the time. CPU voltage using Default +0.4.