NF3 Ultra-D 939/AGP

ok, so you are talking that little nub on teh side (or bottom), not he back end where the fan was...

I thought you meant i was going to have to sand that fan down and i was like yea right! MSI here i come!

So you just take a file and sand off that little nub and the chipset will kindof sit right in that corner between the card and the HS?

This little nub...

http://img100.echo.cx/img100/815/nvsilencercropped9ar.jpg

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey guys, i just ran 3dmark 2001 se and i kept freezing 1-3 times during every test... it would resume after a few seconds like the test it self never stopped but i only got 15124 =/ im using 66.93
Well oldguy pretty much covered it, but those lockups are totalled into the time it takes.......for those periods it's locked up 3dmark is reading that as 0FPS which figures in to your total score...only a clean smooth run will give you your actual score.

As far as the 6800 nf3 thing goes...I guess I'm somewhat lucky as my 6800GT is at 415/1120 from stock 350/1000 so atleast it DOES overclock, but I want my original 430/1150 back :( oh well

And yeah, that stupid chipset fan is bugging me, even when I prod that thing it refuses to stop buzzing most of the time

Well oldguy pretty much covered it, but those lockups are totalled into the time it takes.......for those periods it's locked up 3dmark is reading that as 0FPS which figures in to your total score...only a clean smooth run will give you your actual score.

I know im just not sure where the instabilty could be, im not OC'd at all. Everything is Optimized defaults

I know im just not sure where the instabilty could be, im not OC'd at all. Everything is Optimized defaults

If you are not OC'd at all I'd give yer voltage just a tiny nudge to see if you can get thru 3Dmark (if yer one of the lucky that can adjust yer voltage without everything going to .)...

Can you get trhu any 3D benchies? Or are you just trying 3DM01?

I guess I'm somewhat lucky when it came to the voltages.....I was able to adjust the .1-.7 while leaving CPU Vid at passthrough but also change the CPU VID to 1.55 and add the adjustments as well......still though I'm unsatisfied with the 2.6GHz not even passing 15 minutes of prime95 with 1.5 + .5 =/

I keep telling myself it needs burn in time and a new BIOS will allow me to go higher....I sure hope so

I guess I'm somewhat lucky when it came to the voltages.....I was able to adjust the .1-.7 while leaving CPU Vid at passthrough but also change the CPU VID to 1.55 and add the adjustments as well......still though I'm unsatisfied with the 2.6GHz not even passing 15 minutes of prime95 with 1.5 + .5 =/

I keep telling myself it needs burn in time and a new BIOS will allow me to go higher....I sure hope so

It doesn't need burn in time :shake: It needs serious tweaking and a bios would help. Have you underclocked yer cpu and played with pushin yer memory around? Drop some voltage onto those dimms and push em as high as you can get em in memtest to find out what kind of ceiling they have. Tweak tweak tweak tweak tweak!!!!! :sweat:

You might need some "burn-in time" to get to 2.9+Ghz with stability, but I don't think it is the BIOS holding you back,at 2.4 eitehr. A venice to 2.7 should be a breeze, especially on this board. What kind of instability are you getting when going over 240x10?

I personally change the CPU to 1.5v+.4 and chipset power to 1.75. Ram timings are fairly personaly, but the LDT multiplier of 3X is really stable under 340HTT. Set the AGP at 68Mhz, or 67Mhz if 68 is unstable.

From windows using A64 tweaker I set the RAM at 183Mhz, then in Clockgen I set the HTT to 291, with RAM at 264, 2.5-3-3-7 1T. This is stable max that I wouldn't recommend to you if you weren't running water and decent RAM. Even with 10x 278 HTT and RAM at 250, tha should be stable on any venice (probably doesn't even need that kind of voltage).

Nubius, have you tried clearing CMOS and switching the DIMM slots being used? When it doesn't overclock for you what is happening? Bluescreen, lockup, not boot?

If you are not OC'd at all I'd give yer voltage just a tiny nudge to see if you can get thru 3Dmark (if yer one of the lucky that can adjust yer voltage without everything going to .)...

Can you get trhu any 3D benchies? Or are you just trying 3DM01?

edit: im able to adjust CPU VID Control and CPU Voltage; i bumped CPU VID to +0.1 and i nudged my Memory Voltage Control from 2.6 to 2.7V and i just got thru 3dmark 01se =) 20056! good call bud ;) by any chance do you know how much voltage this ram can take? maybe ill bump my fsb up a lil

It doesn't need burn in time
Sure it does! :D LET ME DREAM!!! The only thing where 'burn in' seriously helped that I've noticed was my 6600GT's memory when I first got it....wouldn't do 1ghz then it went to 1100 after about of week of usage :)

Nubius, have you tried clearing CMOS and switching the DIMM slots being used? When it doesn't overclock for you what is happening? Bluescreen, lockup, not boot?
I've had to clear the CMOS because I accidentally set my HTT at 255 without changing the LDT Multi from 4x to 3x....once I changed it to 3x it went to 260x10 no problems....no I haven't done the dimm slot dance yet, but I'm pretty sure the RAM isn't holding me back as I'm technically below the manufacturer specs....kind of....they say 266MHz at 3-4-4-8-1T timings with 2.85-2.95v....so I figured 2.5-3-3-7 with 2T with 2.9v would be enough...maybe I need to do 3-3-3-8 and slam 3v through them or something =/

My 3200+ venice is a LBBLE 0518APFW and I can't seem to find too many results with week 18..

All that's happened thus far is when I'm doing 260x10 with 2.5-3-3-7-2T (1T refuses to work) timings, Chipset at stock 1.65v, Dimm at 2.9, CPU Vcore at 1.50+.5

The only thing that's happening is Prime95 failing within 15 minutes....and now it seems when running 1.5+.4 just a little while my game froze.....which pretty much pisses me off....

I'm even going by manufacturer specs in regards to RAM so if it's having trouble with 2.5-3-3-7-2T with 2.9v at 260 I'll be pretty annoyed, but I suppose I should lower it down and find out for sure if it's the CPU or RAM causing this crap.....1.50 + .5 and 2.6GHz on this venice not passing 15mins of prime95 is sure going to piss me off =/

I really wanted 2.8GHz personally.....

Have you underclocked yer cpu and played with pushin yer memory around? Drop some voltage onto those dimms and push em as high as you can get em in memtest to find out what kind of ceiling they have. Tweak tweak tweak tweak tweak!!!!!
Well, it's true I do need to do more tweakin because as of right now I've just been boosting up the HTT and keeping the CPU : RAM ratio at 1:1 the whole time like I said using 2.5-3-3-7-2T timings with 2.9v DIMM

I've reached 2.9Ghz with my Sandy and benched with a pair of ballistix @ 250 2.5-2-2 1T and scored 28sec on SuperPi 1M, so 1T is not completely out of the equation for stability. It doesn't seem to like doing 1T with my BH-5s, though it can be from the fact that the bios can't add Trp right, can't do 2.

All of this will be answered on the next BIOS update I guess, so let's all just be patient.