NF3 Ultra-D 939/AGP

Still is the same.. I have components here that are awsome on my DFI LP NF4 SLI-D . but wont run worth crap on my NF3-Ultra-D.. And I have components that are awsome on the NF3 Ultra.. and dont do worth a crap on the NF4 SLI-D.

I have some that also do great on my Abit AN8 32X . But dont perform as good on either DFI boards I have.. This is common.. this board is picky.. We have all said that and experienced it from the begining , About 5669 post ago when we first started getting this

board.

Also Some Opterons have very picky Memory controllers..Example I have 1 148 that will do High HTT and high Frequency.. And I have another same stepping/week/ ect but it wont run Hight HTT and a high memory frequency.. Both clock aboout the same 5 to 15 Mhz difference. but I have to clock each one differently

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still is the same.. I have components here that are awsome on my DFI LP NF4 SLI-D . but wont run worth crap on my NF3-Ultra-D.. And I have components that are awsome on the NF3 Ultra.. and dont do worth a crap on the NF4 SLI-D.

I have some that also do great on my Abit AN8 32X . But dont perform as good on either DFI boards I have.. This is common.. this board is picky.. We have all said that and experienced it from the begining , About 5669 post ago when we first started getting this

board.

Also Some Opterons have very picky Memory controllers..Example I have 1 148 that will do High HTT and high Frequency.. And I have another same stepping/week/ ect but it wont run Hight HTT and a high memory frequency.. Both clock aboout the same 5 to 15 Mhz difference. but I have to clock each one differently

Okay, thanks for the info mate :) Oh well, I have the option of ordering some new ram and test it on this board, and if it's a no-go, can return it and pick some other brand of ram that works :)

I tested my Opteron yesterday on a friend's board and it did 10x295HTT (1:1) so that one works great at least :)

It very well may be.. Have you tried the 3200 with a 9 multiplier and memory on a 166 divider. to see where it will go? I think that memory Has Samsung UCCC chips(not exactly sure), I dont have any memory with those chips.. so it is hard for me to say one way or anouther.. But from what I have read in the 270 Mhz range is very possible

Yes I also tried a 9x multiplier, with 6:5 divider and it was about the same although higher HTT of course. As far as the memory goes I am pretty sure it is Samsung UCCC although I have not physically checked. I did try to OC these but they did not OC very well unfortunately. It would be nice if I could get these to run 270 and try a 10x multiplier

I think what I am going to try tonight is flash the 12/19 beta bios and see if things play a bit better,as I saw quite an improvement in the OC when downgraded from 711 to 705. BTW, thanks for comments

Cheers!

I'm wondering about the voltage equivalents between bios 711 and 824. I used to run 1.55v +0.1v now I'm running 1.60vcore and it seems stable enuf, I primed last night for 8.5 hrs with 0 errors and occt has no problem passing. Temps seem better with the 824 bios as now my core temp idles around 30C and max load recorded during the night was 51C running prime95 on blend. Any thoughts, Old_Guy or Blinker?

Thanks,

JC

JCamaro.

It is hard to say for me because I am still using the 705 Bios.. About the best thing to do would be get the old Multimeter out and test it. I tried up to 815 bios, But for my board I saw no improvement over 705 with later Bios.. And since it is a LAN rig.. once I got it where I was very happy with it . That is where I kept it. And just enjoyed it :-) . I never rely on Bios readings anyway for voltage or temps. I just use them as a template

Thanks Blinker,

I do have a thermal probe attatched to the cpu heatsink, so I would know if the temps were way out of wack, like they seemed with both bios 705 and 711, I found that bios 711 was more stable for me, I'm glad to hear that you had luck with the 705

My question is mainly derived from the fact that I have been using RebelsHaven's and Hoot's voltage charts.

Any thoughts Old_Guy?????

Holy cow this thread still going, did you guys get a bios yet? Was reading a few

pages earlier today. Saw someone was having trouble with the twin 512 Gskill

FF's on this board. Its the best tccd ram made today. Is that even possible?

Then read someone was getting bonus performance with value ram.... go figure!

Of course I read Old_Guy is pushing his XBLK's up to 340+ with his opy 150

(he must have been painting, and of course slurpin some cool ones).

The new boards (nf5?) will have pci-e only and ddr2 only, rocketting up to

ddr1000+ maybe, possibly supporting 3ghz amd's standard. Trust me, the design

has been finished for over a year.

Gee, I remember the old days when the big argument was if folks should even go

amd because it was not as compatible as intel was. Haha. So much for that crap,

Amd is wiping intels butt I think. Mostly because of the gamer market. In the

mainstream server market as well, amd is kicking intel's butt. Hey, generations

are passing into the night and the torch is passing. 5 more years, amd is all

consuming in the market with twice the share intel used to have. Hey....

"I'd rather have a AMD" is the new mantra!

Holy cow this thread still going, did you guys get a bios yet? Was reading a few

pages earlier today. Saw someone was having trouble with the twin 512 Gskill

FF's on this board. Its the best tccd ram made today. Is that even possible?

Then read someone was getting bonus performance with value ram.... go figure!

hehe, i'm just as amazed as you are :) Perhaps it could be my Gskill crapping out, i've been running with the same kit for over a year know. I was one of the first few guys who ordered it directly from Taiwan when Gskill just started producing those kits and there weren't any resellers yet. So my two sticks have the first Samsung chips from Gskill ,431 TCCD chips. Nowadays its 519 or 550 I think,

so in the TCCD line there've been some revisions

Anayway, i just ordered some OCZ PC4800 Platinum Elite Edition TCCD and we'll see how that does in this board. :)

I have to say, those boards from DFI are a challenge every time. I took me for over 3 months to get my old LanParty UT nf3 250Gb running on 10x295 with 2x512 @ 1T :)

(BTW, My Opteron 146 ran Prime Stable voor 8 hours last night, doing 10x300 (4:3) at 1.525v. So at I think it has a decent memory contoller, and my board has no problems running a hight HTT )