NF3 Ultra-D 939/AGP

Try to change in BIOS->Standard CMOS Features->Drive A: None and then go to Advanced BIOS Features->First Boot Device->Put CDROM or HDD and see the 2nd and 3rd Boot Device and if theres floppy, change it like:

1st Boot Device: CDROM

2nd Boot Device: HDD

3rd Boot Device: Disable

Boot Other Device: Disable

I'll try that as soon I get home from work assignment. Thanks... :)

If this doesn't work, then try to change the jumper of the HDD to Master w/slave and your DVD+/-RW in Slave

Hmmm, worth a try if the first one doesn't work. Thanks again... ;)

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Damn!

I'm just so clad to be back with DFI mobo. This nF3 Ultra-D is freaking amazing! You'll HAVE to love it. Honestly... :)

Meanwhile I've tried one Popoxmobo and Assucks, but both were pretty pathetic sorry excuses of mobos. Suprisingly better one of those was the Popox... :O

I've been playing with it now for couple of weeks, and trying to get most out of it with minimun voltages (keeps the heat down). For now I'm with 2600 MHz (pathetic, I know), but it's rock solid and temps are under control with minimum fan rpm's...

What i realized is that A64 4000+ isn't a real clocker. Or, how could I put it, it needs crazy voltages to get past 2700 MHz (1.6V and above!!!). With active aircooling - don't bother. Fans are running like mad and it's not nice for anyone. 3700+ SD seems to get a lot easier oc'd...

Perhaps I should try to lower the multip and try again... Too much to do, too little time...

EDIT: Aye, no immediate help with lowering multip... :(

But I see the LDT Voltage (Hyper Transport bus voltage), that should be at 1.2v at 1.6v on the LP nF3 Ultra-D:

That is about right.. If you go over say the 250 FSB raise it to 1.75v for stability

Note that HTT Voltage (LDT Bus) isn't the same as the Chipset Voltage (NB +1.5v).

And there is no LDT Bus Voltage adjustment in setup.

It remains the same no matter the chipset voltage.

My DFI can do 333MHz "HTT" with 1.5v chipset stock voltage.

But I'm afraid about the consequences of 1.6v Hyper Transport Bus to the processor.

I recently bought the dfi lanparty ut nf3 ultra-d, and i've many questions.

First, when I flash the bios (602 the only one working on my board actually) with a new one, for exemple 711, it's impossible to boot after changing one setting. If I go back to the 602 things return clear

But the 602 bios isn't very good for o/c, the temps readings and the voltages settings aren't very good. With this one i do not find the setting to turn off the sata ports which are not locked.

I flash with winflash, but it is as good as the old fashion way with the floppy? a friend of mine who got that mb told me that it was possible that some parts of the bios would be not cleared as well with winflash...

Please help me, i don't know what to do...

Do you think that flashing with the floppy would resolve my problem?

I found that the LDT Bus voltage on Smart Guardian is the chipset voltage.

The NB+1.5v is always at 1.47v...

Now with new RAM and PSU, I reach 31.060s on SuperPI 1M:

http://www.doompc.com/pi/31s9x303.jpg

9x303 DDR333 (RAM @ 248MHz) 2.5-3-3-8 1T Dual Channel

vcore = 1.63v (VID 1.475v +0.4v)

vdimm = 3.0v

vchipset = 1.75v

At 9x304 I got "NOT EXACT IN ROUND"...

Guest Xplod

Oooh, for what I read everywhere, this mobo confuses me a lot :(

I'm planning in a month or two to upgrade to this board along with a nice pair of 2 x 1Gb High End RAM to reach a very nice overclock with probably an Opteron 146, maybe 148, or a San Diego 3700+.

Reason: I'm still pleased with the AGP-card I use and I don't find it necessary yet for myself to upgrade to PCI-E.

I'm just not really sure which RAM to buy to use on this set-up.

Can anybody over here tell me which set of 2 x 1Gb PC4000 RAM works best on this motherboard,.... Corsair, OCZ or G-Skill :confused:

Graphics is powered by an unlocked Asus v9999GE (6800GE) @Ultra Speeds

I wanna reach FSb's as high as possible.

Say my goal is getting to run my system stable around 2,7Ghz.

Advice please :confused: