NF3 Ultra-D 939/AGP

In those reviews they Lower the CPU multiplier as low as they have to to reach those insane HTT settings(makes for better reviews) Some can actualy do it though.

The 2XLDT/FSB doesnt work(on any board I have seen. Set it to 3X and you will be fine

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my ram testing I've also discovered that I can't get my G.Skill 2GBZX to work at 1T in the orange slots, even at stock speeds. They would error out immediately during memtest test #8. However I can get them going strong in the yellow slots. This lets me cool them better.

After the 4th Rma there is no Nf3 Ultra - D in my Case and never will be.

For my old AGP there is now a Dual Sata 2.

After 2 Hours !!!(not 2 mounth) tweaking it's exactly the same Result that i have with Nf4 Sli - D.

Thats Budget Overclocking , I Like that but not the Nf3 Ultra- D

Lucky you I bought one of the Asrock 939 dual sata MB and it has to be the most unstable motherboards I have used. I even had a problem whilst playing BF2 my machine rebooted then when I re entered BF2 all the fonts were unreadable, the only fix was a OS reinstall. I also seem to get the same stuttering as the 6800 gets with the NF3. Put my NForce3 Ultra back in and rock solid. I wonder if the new 6800GS AGP when it is released will behave better than the old GT and Ultra?

Cheers

So far, I have not seen anything about that: does this mainboard (and namely the NForce 3 Ultra chipset) support Athlon X2 ?

From the DFI website, it does not seem so, but if anyone knows more...

The NF3 Ultra D supports X2's out of the box...

I ask the question about Athlon X2 because no manufacturer officially supports it with NF3 Ultra and I am having some problems with my X2 3800+.

My rig is perfectly stable with a Venice 3000+ and it goes as high as 9x280MHz with only 1,40V.

But as soon as I replace the 3000+ by the X2 3800+, it is not stable anymore at default Vcore (Prime errors very quickly) and even at high Vcore (1,50V), I have no error in Prime but I have some random freezes every 2-3 hours whatever the Vcore.

I tried a fresh installation of Windows XP, no change, it only freezes with the X2, not with the Venice.

I also tried 3 pairs of RAM:

*OCZ Platimun Edition EL Dual CH 2-3-2-5 2x1Go PC3200.

*Corsair Twinx XMS4400 2.5-4-4-8 2x512Mo PC4400.

*Twinmos 2.5-3-3-6 2x512Mo PC3200.

It did not change anything, these rams runs fine at their specs (and above) with the Venice, whereas I get errors in Memtest and Prime when using the X2. I tried all Vram from 2.5V to 3.0V, 1T or 2T, crappy timings (3-4-4-8), no change.

And I cannot overclock this X2 3800+ at all on top of these random freezes, Windows does not start even with 205MHz as FSB, even with Vcore=1.50V...

I find it very strange because most people have no problems with these X2, but all of them use NF4 mobos. After 2 weeks of tweaking, I am a little pissed that a cpu costing more than 350$ could be defective.

The only thing I cannot change to test the cpu is the motherboard, but it is runing fine with my Venice so it has to be the cpu.

If you just bought this board and you have problems and doubts, return it

and get the dfi nf4 board. Most get the board to save the graphic card.

You can always sell the graphics card and buy a pci-e card to try to re-coup

losses. But the truth is millions absorb losses everyday/year. This won't be

the last or the first. Think ahead. And, your not the only one!

Edit:

And, yes the X2 is supported with this board, it just has to be set up with

the right bios settings and drivers. I've never heard of dual processor problems

its just setting it up that magnifies any other problems you might have.

I know this is a bit off topic but I was wondering if any of you guys would be willing to sell ur DFI 939 agp?

This asrock is killing me badly and I am sad that I ever got off of the DFI bandwagon, It was a nbew product and got good reviews and was CHEAP so i gave it a try..

Now its gotta go, I want voltages that DFI will give me.

to mod's I know this isnt the right place to post want to buys, but this is the mobo I want and not wanting to buy, but will if is for sale is what im trying to say..