NF3 Ultra-D 939/AGP

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not in my budget means I don't have that much $$ to spend on a cpu and won't for a while. Yes the X2's are great but they are out of my price range, period. I can get a 144 or 146 s939 opteron for around $150-$200 and overclock it to 2.8-3.0ghz. That should be more than enough cpu for my other rig or even the one I'm running now!

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have an X2 but alas my bills say otherwise. :)

If you would like to donate to mysterfix's X2 fund by all means hook a brotha up! :D

Not in my budget means I don't have that much $$ to spend on a cpu and won't for a while. Yes the X2's are great but they are out of my price range, period. I can get a 144 or 146 s939 opteron for around $150-$200 and overclock it to 2.8-3.0ghz. That should be more than enough cpu for my other rig or even the one I'm running now!

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have an X2 but alas my bills say otherwise. :)

If you would like to donate to mysterfix's X2 fund by all means hook a brotha up! :D

I was thinking from you specs listed you could afford 2 times the cost of one opteron of 170.00. I wasn't going to get s939 cause my s754 was doing me well. Boy I'm glad X2 came out. Made the upgrade well worth it (dual channel, dual core). I'm not rich either. I've bugeted for my hardware. I don't plan anymore for quite some time. PCIE next generation Nvidia cards might drive prices down a good bit and make it worth goign NF4 for me, next year. Probably not though. My setup is sweet.

I was thinking from you specs listed you could afford 2 times the cost of one opteron of 170.00. I wasn't going to get s939 cause my s754 was doing me well. Boy I'm glad X2 came out. Made the upgrade well worth it (dual channel, dual core). I'm not rich either. I've bugeted for my hardware. I don't plan anymore for quite some time. PCIE next generation Nvidia cards might drive prices down a good bit and make it worth goign NF4 for me, next year. Probably not though. My setup is sweet.

Actually I did some wheeling and dealing to get this setup. :nod: Sold my very nice X850XT for an X800XL and enough cash to get my NF4 Ultra-D. Then I sold the X800Xl and bought myself this sweet 7800GT. :) Out of pocket cost ended up being about $160 for the upgrade to PCI-E. :D

Have you tried the official 824 bios? I don't seem to be getting any love in regards to my original question. :sad:

Have you tried the official 824 bios? I don't seem to be getting any love in regards to my original question. :sad:

nah, my 7-11 bios works well enough. If an when they make a trouble free bios, then I'll look at updating it.

I'm thinking of the 6800gt when prices are down. But I'm still not clear on it. Whether I need to or whether a G72 would be better.

I forgot what your original question was...lol

nah, my 7-11 bios works well enough. If an when they make a trouble free bios, then I'll look at updating it.

I'm thinking of the 6800gt when prices are down. But I'm still not clear on it. Whether I need to or whether a G72 would be better.

I forgot what your original question was...lol

I wouldn't get the 6800GT if I were you. There is a known issue with the 6800's and the NF3 chipset. If your planning on keeping your current setup then you should go with an X800 series card. My 6800GT would not play nice with any NF3 mother board. It's working great for my buddy though, he has a via chipset motherboard. :confused:

I wouldn't get the 6800GT if I were you. There is a known issue with the 6800's and the NF3 chipset. If your planning on keeping your current setup then you should go with an X800 series card. My 6800GT would not play nice with any NF3 mother board. It's working great for my buddy though, he has a via chipset motherboard. :confused:

I'm not likely to upgrade my video card without upgrading my chipset. I would look at the NF4 Ultra D or like model plus a nice PCIE card. But my 5950Ultra is doing me well, so I don't see a need. A desire for better hardware is always present however. Just I've spent enough money for quite some time. I'm just waiting for Nvidia 80.xx drivers to support my dual core. :)