NF3 Ultra-D 939/AGP

Yes it will be close to the same frequency.(this is just example) so people dont bash me for this :angel: I have my 3000 in my LP NF4 and it is running 300HTTX9 Multi @1.58v With a 166 divider . It ran the exact same voltage in the NF3 Ultra-d.

The voltage will more depend(atleast in my case) on the CPU its self. Not the M/B

9, the low multiplier is the only problem with the Vinnie 3000+, forces you to run the

166 divider to get to ~ 2.7g @ 250 ram fsb. As opposed to a 11 multi which

can get you to > 2.7g @ 250 @ 1:1 and 1T tight 2.5,3,3,6 timings. The different

LDT is 3x with divider and 4x with 1:1 at a higher 11 fid.

At 1:1 250 1T 2.5,3,3,6 gives a higher Sandra/Everest (read and write) stable.

However, my experience is that 1T is still plausable with a divider, but the higher

fid's should do that at a lower 1.5 vcore with stock chipset volts, without the

"overhead" latency (waits) of a divider. By all means, with the 3000+ its either

> 300 htt 1:1 GSkill LE+ or penalized with divider. On this board,

unfortunately thats the bottom line. Either high fid (multi) cpu and value ram

(better ram is better) or low fid and the best ram out there. Either way, its

gonna cost......

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO, this board + vinnie 3000+

without booster, i'll definately go for tccd, be it with 1:1 @ 2T (htt > 275ish, 9x multi), or with 166 divider @ 1T (htt > 300, probably somewhere near 330, 8x multi) is still a good choice.

with booster, utt is way to go, ofcourse with the use of 166 divider.

am i right guys? :)

IMO, this board + vinnie 3000+

without booster, i'll definately go for tccd, be it with 1:1 @ 2T (htt > 275ish, 9x multi), or with 166 divider @ 1T (htt > 300, probably somewhere near 330, 8x multi) is still a good choice.

with booster, utt is way to go, ofcourse with the use of 166 divider.

am i right guys? :)

"Either high fid (multi) cpu and value ram

(better ram is better) or low fid and the best ram out there. Either way, its

gonna cost......"

275 aint bad, but hardly any ram can do that at 1T. If you keep the 3000 and

go down the ram road, better get the best ram GSkill @ 300+ @2T (not 1T stable),

which will cost you about 2x the price of your Vinnie. The bh5/booster road is

meant for 250 2,2,2,5,1T but that falls off after 270 compared with the tccd and

is roughly equal performance..

It might be better to go with a 11x multi cpu (SD 3700) and keep your ram that

you can clock 250 @ 1T and will get you up to 2000 mht @ 1:1 and higher

bandwidth.....

edit: maybe the new operton 939 with its "mobile" like characteristics would be

better?

edit: I'm relatively new to amd64 world but, how can a64s (...Vinnies)

multiplier restriction be removed??? I mean the ihs can be removed. I took mine

off a while ago. Aren't there any jumpers exposed under the ihs that a mod can

be made for multi's?

Well seems fine for me. My firewall (Zonealarm) didnt show any signs of intrusion. Anyone else having the buffer overflow alarm?

Anyways, i'm sorry if I've posted the link here. Just trying to give some more info on the nF3 Ultra-D. Peace... :)

I read the review from start to finish. Apparently he didn't have a problem with

it. It came with 602 bios. He flashed to 711 (or was it 824?). He had no problems

with anything at all. The 602 bios is from June 6, 2005. So I'm guessing it was

electronics pre 6-15-2005, when I bought my board.

I like on the "con" side about his chipset fan died after a month and dfi fedex'd

another different fan right away.......... hahahahaaaaa

He had some problems with the temp/volt sensors, but not enough to forbid

him giving this board a rating of "possibly the best nf3 mobo ever made!!".

He never once mentioned cold boot 602, 705/711 bios dance.

Dfi sponsor? This site tries to "probe" you exposed ports,

watch out.......

Why is my question? I tried 280x9 and didn't see much of any difference. So I keep mine 1:1, 200.

Samoa. You have a higher Multiplier than the 3000 Vinny.. In youre case In my opinion(and thats just that MY OPINION) you are better off With 1:1 With low latency Memory(IE) that will run very tight timmings in the neighborhood of 250FSB/260 FSB.

In the case you quoted Me on He has a low multiplier. This is where it changes a bit (IE) either low latency memory with very tight timmings and a divider. Or Extended Latency(IE looser timmings) and go the 1:1 route with very High HTTand FSB togather.

There are two roads.. they both lead to the same destination..If you take the time to experiment you will find out there is different ways(IE with different commponents) and get the same results

Dont just go for what someone else tells you as Thats the only way... Try there way, Modify it some , find the way that serves you best.

Just remember No one else can make you happy or happy with you board. They can suggest things but you still need to do the work, And spend the time if you want their results

I didn't lie flamer, so get off my ballz. If you got some "us" complex, I recommend

to seek immediate psycological medical help for you and those "others" in your

head

Ya.. you lied.. as you do repeatedly! As to "us".. I could have worded that better, I meant for all the peeps that have to read your flaming crap. You are the only flamer I see here on an everyday basis.. No way I can believe you are more than 14 or 15 yrs old.

Samoa. You have a higher Multiplier than the 3000 Vinny.. In youre case In my opinion(and thats just that MY OPINION) you are better off With 1:1 With low latency Memory(IE) that will run very tight timmings in the neighborhood of 250FSB/260 FSB.

In the case you quoted Me on He has a low multiplier. This is where it changes a bit (IE) either low latency memory with very tight timmings and a divider. Or Extended Latency(IE looser timmings) and go the 1:1 route with very High HTTand FSB togather.

There are two roads.. they both lead to the same destination..If you take the time to experiment you will find out there is different ways(IE with different commponents) and get the same results

Dont just go for what someone else tells you as Thats the only way... Try there way, Modify it some , find the way that serves you best.

Just remember No one else can make you happy or happy with you board. They can suggest things but you still need to do the work, And spend the time if you want their results

Thanks, I just wondered what if any would be an advantage with using a higher FSB to acheive the same ghz would be. I haven't found any diff really. That's just me. To gain higher ghz, yeah more FSB is good stuff. I understand that.

Lets keep it on topic everyone.. Cut out the flaming and insults back and forth because it wont be tolorated.. If you have a problem with someone then report the post to a mod andor admin and we will take care of it.. Dont stoop down to the other level and reply with flames and insults..

Just keep this little quote from the forum rules in mind..

This is NOT a place to flame, insult, or spam. Your posts will be deleted without notice by Moderators/Admins. Flaming, insulting, spamming, or breaking of any of these rules repeatedly can and will result in a ban by Moderators/Admins

LOL.. WOW!! You really are a full blown idiot!! I've have never seen anyone, on all the forums I've ever been on, anyone as whacked out as you.. You are almost scary man. get some help brother, not for us, but for yourself.

Hey, thats not nice...