NF3 Ultra-D 939/AGP

hi there i got probs with my new rig lanparty motherboard NF3 Ultra-D

I have got windows XP installed, no problem there, but when i goto device manager i got 9 devices with the yellow symbol next too.

Now the device status on all of them says the following:-

Your computer's system firmware does not include enough information to properly configure and use this device. To use this device, contact your computer manufacture to obtain a firmware or BIOS update.

here the link to a screenshot of it

any ideas why, and whats the exact problem?, and suggestions?

My manual came with no bios or setup information.

My date of the bios is 06/02/2005 (feb 05), as for the version number im not sure.

I have loaded the Nvidia 5.10 chipset drivers, which looks like they come with 4 drivers i think.

I have even downloaded all driver updates except the one with overclocking, still no difference.

Tonight i will try and install windows xp service pack 2 and install those updates see if that fixes anything, as i cant get my network card going as well at moment to get on the internet.

Burtoner, you might want to try to flash to the 815 bios, reset cmos, load

failsafe defaults, reboot into bios, then set your ram to 2,2,2,6,2T without

changing anything else.

This should rule out the bios if you are having any pci or OS problems.

If you are new to more complex bios changes, you should focus on that first.

But the only way to test is to make the bios docile to install the OS.

This will weed out any problems with your existing hardware. After that, you can

start to ratched up the bios tuning process.

I think guides are availabele (dunno) on Xen/Blinkers TWEAK page.

But definetely take it one step at a time.

In you sig, you list the Ibm Deskstar. I've had several of these series of drives

over the years. They are strange in that they "fail" little by little. They corrupt

data in the failure but its not massive loss. In that, they are insidius and give

symptoms like the one's your having. Every single DS drive I've had went bad

after a year. I would throw that away and get a simple and cheap

120g Western Digital and do a fresh install.

Just my 2 cents.

Edit: I would get Sata drive instead of the Pata. Sata seems more reliable, also

its really easy to set up a simple dual 120g Raid 0 array, plus its cheap and fast.

Btw, of the Deskstars i've had, almost all of them corrupted the OS and made it

act freaky.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi there i got probs with my new rig lanparty motherboard NF3 Ultra-D

I have got windows XP installed, no problem there, but when i goto device manager i got 9 devices with the yellow symbol next too.

Now the device status on all of them says the following:-

Your computer's system firmware does not include enough information to properly configure and use this device. To use this device, contact your computer manufacture to obtain a firmware or BIOS update.

here the link to a screenshot of it

any ideas why, and whats the exact problem?, and suggestions?

My manual came with no bios or setup information.

My date of the bios is 06/02/2005 (feb 05), as for the version number im not sure.

I have loaded the Nvidia 5.10 chipset drivers, which looks like they come with 4 drivers i think.

I have even downloaded all driver updates except the one with overclocking, still no difference.

Tonight i will try and install windows xp service pack 2 and install those updates see if that fixes anything, as i cant get my network card going as well at moment to get on the internet.

I would do as pantonious. Suggest I would remove any external devices . Then reboot Go back to Device manager. And instead of uninstall Right click -properties-Update driver- Install from list or specific location - Then select , dont search I will pick a driver from a list. If there is nothing in the driver list , Choose I have disk. . If there is drivers in the list , the top driver is usualy the one with the latest date/driver.

If you cant do any good with that. Definently flash BIOS. But do it from winflash .. Not from DOS.. reason to do it in windows Is the information Has to be read through window to flash.

w00t sorted...

it was very weird indeed, 1st time it was clean install from format i got those yellow markers in device manager, i did update drivers and install the mobo ones from the cd, still didnt work.

anyways so i reinstall last night. took about 20mins to install windows, and when i went to check device manager everything was fine except my sounds and graphics drivers, and wireless network card.

installed those and windows sp1 and sp2 and rest of updates, its all working!!

*all i can suggest was it wasnt a good install*

now for some 3dmark testing :)

Burtoner, you might want to try to flash to the 815 bios, reset cmos, load

failsafe defaults, reboot into bios, then set your ram to 2,2,2,6,2T without

changing anything else.

This should rule out the bios if you are having any pci or OS problems.

If you are new to more complex bios changes, you should focus on that first.

But the only way to test is to make the bios docile to install the OS.

This will weed out any problems with your existing hardware. After that, you can

start to ratched up the bios tuning process.

I think guides are availabele (dunno) on Xen/Blinkers TWEAK page.

But definetely take it one step at a time.

In you sig, you list the Ibm Deskstar. I've had several of these series of drives

over the years. They are strange in that they "fail" little by little. They corrupt

data in the failure but its not massive loss. In that, they are insidius and give

symptoms like the one's your having. Every single DS drive I've had went bad

after a year. I would throw that away and get a simple and cheap

120g Western Digital and do a fresh install.

Just my 2 cents.

Edit: I would get Sata drive instead of the Pata. Sata seems more reliable, also

its really easy to set up a simple dual 120g Raid 0 array, plus its cheap and fast.

Btw, of the Deskstars i've had, almost all of them corrupted the OS and made it

act freaky.

hi m8, yeah i got a IBM deskstar its been working well, except i had a 20 gig deskstar pack up on me last wk, did buy it in feb 2000, and also had a160gig drive not working which was about yr old too, so im stuck with a 60 gig at moment, perhaps next month when i got some more money i now can invest in a SATA drive.

juz wanna check whether u guys facin d same thing dat i experience, kinda weird to me... :P

when i set d htt too high, d board won't post > ofcourse, but there's a strange thing i notice: instead of havin both leds (hdd n power), only d hdd led wil lit for my case... :confused:

btw, wat do guys meant d cpu havin a bad mem. controller? is dat applied when d cpu can do high htt but it can't do high frequency for d ram? :rolleyes:

*sorry if i'm repeatin d same q if happened sum1 asked this b4... :P

Hello evry1...I've been scanning this thread for info and thanks to evry1 who posted.

My rig suffers some of the same issues I see here...the cold boot snafu, bios updates do not work with changes and a general instability whether overclocked on not. It's very frustrating as I am not ready to forgo my AGP card. One thing I notice is a bios message that says "Award BIOS Message (NF3UD602) EVALUATION ROM - NOT FOR SALE" and at startup I get " Warning:Have Option ROM can not be invoke {Vender ID: 10DEh, Device ID:00DFh)." Sorry if this has been addressed elsewhere in this or another thread, but could someone tell me WTF this means? :confused: I am about to try ordering a new bios chip from BiosMedic.com...is this a good idea or not? Maybe I should RMA this to DFI? Maybe throw it out the window? Sorry...I like to do some tweaking and stuff but this is a little to much for me :drool: I would appreciate any advice and/or direction. Thanks people!

P.S. Sometime I can get Prime95 to run a lttle over 9 hours (sometime less) but never more..

hi all i have some questions, i read mostly the entire topic good info here really apreciated all the help some guys do in here..

i got on the way this mobo i hope have it here tomorrow

made the decision to get myself from pentium to amd, those amd x2 are something serious

and i do alot of multitasking, and my last amd was a 700duron on a compaq machine lol, few years ago all i got was pentium systems mostly..

i know everything how to overclock a pentium system, but i dont know that much how works on amd, plus seeing lots of screenies and settings here i get a little lost.

here enters my question, i like to push my system, because thats the idea on buying this mother board plus need a 939 & agp board of course, dont want to throw my x850xt..

want to push the system 1:1 if is recommended...

and i want to know the settings on a decent (NOT EXAGERATED, just decent) OCED with my system to get in time with the oced theme on @ amd systems and starts learning from there..

heres what you want to know:

amd x2 4400+

ocz gold pc4000 2*1GB (3.4.4.8) (if you know where i can find better ram than this let me know and where, quickly before i order them) aiming to 2 sticks * of 1gb [[only thing left to buy some good ram]]

mad dog 550w psu

zalman 7000 CU

and of course need to know the safest voltage on air i can run this cpu 24/7

max temp etc..

i know every piece of hardware can vary on overclock, but i need something to start off.

thx in advance

"Award BIOS Message (NF3UD602) EVALUATION ROM - NOT FOR SALE
This refers to the stock BIOS. Nothing troubling. You might consider flashing to 711 or 705 BIOS - 711 works very well for me.
at startup I get " Warning:Have Option ROM can not be invoke {Vender ID: 10DEh, Device ID:00DFh)."
I believe this is a result of the onboard USB. If you disable this option in BIOS (Integrated Peripherals?), it might go away. I re-enabled this setting after loading Windows, but I still get the same message. I can detect absolutely no negative consequences, however.
I am about to try ordering a new bios chip from BiosMedic.com...is this a good idea or not?
I don't know that it's a bad idea, but maybe not necessary. Search this thread for a BIOS flashing routine - I know Old Guy has posted it a few times. I have had no problems using Winflash for my BIOS changes; some recommend it, others say avoid it...

Would be helpful to know what voltages you are using for Vcore and Vdimm, HTT setting and multiplier, and whether or not you are using any dividers..

Yo guys, i'm having a weird problem all the of the sudden...my fsb keeps changing to 349 for no apparent reason. I've been using the 711 bios since it was released and never had this problem, now all of the sudden it's there. I've tried flashing to the beta 815 bios, butt on that one i'm stuck at 216fsb and can't even make it into windows...I reflashed the 711, same problem, reset the cmos for 8+ hours, still same problem, please help!!!

btw i'm using winflash to flash the bios...is there any special way to do this?

Thanks for responding ixtapalapaquetl. I had already tried the 705,711 & 815 builds w/o much success, but I did as you suggested. Neither 705 or 711 let me make changes to bios (not overclocking) without the cold boot problem (sometimes no boot). 815 will boot but doesn't always see my Raid array and I get a BSOD before windoze finishes loading. It seems that 815 has a hard time with the NVraid function and it's on the Nvraid initialization screen the message about "Warning: Have Option ROM can not..." appears.

The Award message about "Evaluation ROM..." shows up with each bios...not just the stock 602 bios. I do have an issue with being sold hardware that has "Not for Sale" encoded in it.....

I spent most of today flashing and following the guides from Angry Games and OldTimer..........both ridiculous, arcane procedures. :rolleyes: ANd there's one from rodan that has you booting 9 times to complete it...Jesus H. Christ!

Oh well...I'll probably try a new bios chip like bobyjo suggested in post #4514 & 4773. Otherwise I'm going for the MSI NF4 Platinum SLI...