NF3 Ultra-D 939/AGP

Been there, done that..... doesn't work.

Tried each and every BIOS but still would not let me run my 2x512MB TCCD at 300MHz as it did before.

Flashed to 711 yesterday before I went to sleep and let it Memtest until I woke up today. No errors or whatsoever at 300mhz, 2.9v, 3-4-4-8-2T. Tried booting into Windows and BSOD all over me. Wanted 3.0v again to get me into Win, but failed Prime in less than a minute which then slapped me with another BSOD.

Also tried installing fresh Win in a new partition but still BSOD at 300MHz. :drool:

SIG. PLEASE

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

STEVE

what voltage do you have youre CPU @ and CHIPSET voltage at. Remember the memory controller is on the CPU... The errors in Memtest Are they In thest 1-4.. If so that is usualy CPU errors May want to bump up the voltage a little. Test 5-8 are normaly Memory errors. Up the chipset voltage to 1.75.

Set DDR output in bios to Normal and drive strength reduction to 50% resduction

See it that helps

to2400mhz with fsb240 2.5 - 3 - 3 - [email protected] in2T and 1.45V 1.49V real for the cpu

stability is ok prime 95 for 24h o error

for the chipset ,i am at voltage default.

if I put the ram in 1T i have several errors(15000errors) in memtest Test 7 or 8 i don't remember.

if i overclocked @2400fsb and HTT to 3, I must put agp to 66 or 67 or 68? why put 67 or 68?

to2400mhz with fsb240 2.5 - 3 - 3 - [email protected] in2T and 1.45V 1.49V real for the cpu

stability is ok prime 95 for 24h o error

for the chipset ,i am at voltage default.

if I put the ram in 1T i have several errors(15000errors) in memtest Test 7 or 8 i don't remember.

if i overclocked @2400fsb and HTT to 3, I must put agp to 66 or 67 or 68? why put 67 or 68?

Try 1.6/1.55V for the CPU and set 1.75v for the chipset.

Are you running on 2x256 or 2x512? If its 2x512, then you are in bad luck coz this board doesn't like 2x512MB at 1T. Also, try increasing the vdimm to 2.8/2.9vdimm and losen the timing to 2.5-4-3-7.

You have to set the AGP to 67/68 to ensure stability to keep up with higher HTT speed.

Try 1.6/1.55V for the CPU and set 1.75v for the chipset.

Are you running on 2x256 or 2x512? If its 2x512, then you are in bad luck coz this board doesn't like 2x512MB at 1T. Also, try increasing the vdimm to 2.8/2.9vdimm and losen the timing to 2.5-4-3-7.

You have to set the AGP to 67/68 to ensure stability to keep up with higher HTT speed.

There have been many here that has had 2x512 to 300 HTT 1:1@1t. I am one,While it is true that 2X256 will clock a little Higher@1T It doesnt mean that the Board doesnt like 2x515 @ 1T..It does however have a problem with 4X512@1T But that is more of a AMD problem.. Not the board. Remember guys the Memory controller is on the CPU. Mine done close to 300 HTT 1:1 1T for a long time then started to fail. While some of it was the memorys fault. My memcontroller started going bad... switched CPU and whala..300 HTT 1:1 1T again. If you guys read other forums to BLEEDING EDGE and such from memory companys TCCD Does not like a TRAS of 8 even though some memory defaults to it

To STEVE

Steve have you tested one stick to over 300HTT?You may have to run a divider and tighten memory timmings up a little. Can you look in Genie in Bios and write down all youre settings and post them It will help alot

To STEVE

Steve have you tested one stick to over 300HTT?You may have to run a divider and tighten memory timmings up a little. Can you look in Genie in Bios and write down all youre settings and post them It will help alot

sorry i don't understand all your message.

I run with 2 ram of 512ddr.

i try to increase the voltage cpu or ddr or chipset or strength reduction to 50% resduction,but nothing change. Always errors in memtest in1T @ test8.

My genie bios setting :

Ram = 2.6v

cpu = 1.30 + 0.4 = 1.45 1.49 real

agp=66

chipset =1.65

htt= 3

fsb= 239

coeff=10

ddr setting =2.5 3 3 11 ,the others setting are AUTO (i have already to put in manual for increase stability but nothing change)

With all setting my pc is very very stable but ONLY with 2T .If I put 1T it very very hard to start windows xp and many error with memtest test8.

Without overcloking @1T i have always errors test 8 on memtest

There have been many here that has had 2x512 to 300 HTT 1:1@1t. I am one,While it is true that 2X256 will clock a little Higher@1T It doesnt mean that the Board doesnt like 2x515 @ 1T..It does however have a problem with 4X512@1T But that is more of a AMD problem.. Not the board. Remember guys the Memory controller is on the CPU. Mine done close to 300 HTT 1:1 1T for a long time then started to fail. While some of it was the memorys fault. My memcontroller started going bad... switched CPU and whala..300 HTT 1:1 1T again. If you guys read other forums to BLEEDING EDGE and such from memory companys TCCD Does not like a TRAS of 8 even though some memory defaults to it

Is your 2x512MB kit stable at 300MHz with 1T?

And what TRAS timing do you suggest with TCCD then?

I remember Oldguy also told me that he had issues with 2x512MB kit, even DFI never recommended 2x512MB kit with this board.

Also with BIOS 815, I found that my 2x512 TCCDs works better with 32 Byte Gran = 4 bursts (Enabled).

Right now I'm testing each 512mb sticks to see which one is giving me problems. One can do CL2.5 at 300MHz without any prob and the other one wants CL3 at 300Mhz. I can get the first stick (CL2.5) to pass memtest with 1T at 300 but not Prime stable. The other stick (CL3) will error out in memtest itself with 1T at 300.

Btw, I have another question. Some guy from a mem company told me that nForce3 chipset doens't have the capabilities to do 1T at 300Mhz with TCCD 2x512MB. He said only nForce4 chipset can do 1T at 300Mhz with TCCD 2x512MB.

What do you guys think of it?

I am running Winbon UTT chips now. I had some TCCD that are now in a customers computer Doing 305 HTT X9 1:1 with 2.8v with 2.5-4-7-3 They are 2X512 on 705.. Just called him He claimes no problems with stability.. And I primed his system at those setting for 72 hours before turning it over to him... That was with 2001SE looping. with this board!!!!

Right now Priming I am @ 9X310HTT 1:[email protected] with 3.1v on ram with UTT chips

And what Memory company told you that? I would like to read their forums.. Or ask myself.

There are all kinds of people over @ Bleeding edge doing it with OCZ ram

If you have 1 stick that will do 300 and anouther that will only do 280. you will either have to run the better running stick @ the slower speed or get different memory.

jason I have a water cooled set up... Dont worry about the chipset.. Get a good cooler on it It will run cool enough.. I would just watercool The CPU and GPU... And if you havent done any water cooling before do a lot of research first.. and possibly buy it in a kit youre first time

Started to watercool all 3 (cpu,video,chip), but the outlets from my video card waterblock wont allow anything so big on the motherboard. So i left that one off.

I dont think you need it, I put the zalman chipset cooler on it, and when its in the airflow its cool to the touch.

I have just started getting this problem were it's starting to either boot real slow, "REALLY SLOW" or no boot at all. All fans and drives running but black screen. System ran great for month or better, started running slow after re-format and fresh install of windows. The only thing that I can think of is the VC drivers (77.77) or the nForce 3 drivers for the ide and gart etc. any ideas?????

Also can't even power down by holding start button

i am using the stock leaked 8040's work well with volt modded eVGA bios. Use nibitor to bump volts (2d and 3d) on eVGA ulta bios to 1.4 and set boot freq. to whatever you wish to run at. I cannot bench unless AGP set to 81 try it. Ignore error message. 8040's here Bios here nibitor here

You do not have freq control with coolbits though. You can flash ( nvflash -j -4 -5 -6 )

Gainward GS UT bios and use gainward tools for control if you need this.