NF3 Ultra-D 939/AGP

dude download and burn the seagate hd utility. check your hd with it then erase it by writing zeros to it. binary code is 1,s and 0,s. all zeros mean it totaly blank like a clean slate. with all the crap you keep putting in and out and the reformats and partitions. Its possible it has left some bad sectors in the hd. by writing all zeros it'slike brand new again. got it http://www.seagate.com/support/seatools/

its the center one on the page

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In standard cmos features the hardrive is on ide channel 5 master would changing it to a slave or to another channel would this help my dvd drive is on ide channel 0 slave.And my floppy drive doesnt work how annoying its brand new and im sure i pluged it right.When i insert a floppy it say please enter a disk into floppy but its already inserted.

Guest bobyjo

Pull the DVD drive out of the case, on the back of the unit will be a row of pins with a jumper making connection between two of those pins.

If you will look at the drive either on top or the bottom of the drive, same end as the pins we are talking about, will be a diagram of those pins with the markings of SL,M,CS etc.

You want to make the jumper connect the two pins in line with the "M" that stands for master.

The SATA drives are not master or slave, so it doesn't matter where it is, there is no need to move it anywhere.

Usually on SATA drives I remove all the jumpers, cause they are ususally not needed.

I usually do not use Seagate drives, so I am not totally familiar with how thier configuration works.

Now about the floppy, does the light come on when you try to access that drive? Does it stay on all the time? The floppy cable is disigned as to prevent you from attaching it wrong. Just be sure if your floppy cable has more than one connector, that your floppy is on the end connector. Do you have the power connector connected to the floppy?

Pull the DVD drive out of the case, on the back of the unit will be a row of pins with a jumper making connection between two of those pins.

If you will look at the drive either on top or the bottom of the drive, same end as the pins we are talking about, will be a diagram of those pins with the markings of SL,M,CS etc.

You want to make the jumper connect the two pins in line with the "M" that stands for master.

The SATA drives are not master or slave, so it doesn't matter where it is, there is no need to move it anywhere.

Usually on SATA drives I remove all the jumpers, cause they are ususally not needed.

I usually do not use Seagate drives, so I am not totally familiar with how thier configuration works.

Ok I already got it and it solved the prob but not my floppy device manager says its working though?

Guest bobyjo

I posted more info at the end of the prior post about the floppy.

Look at a computers components as an electrical appliance with a whole bunch of stuff inside that all have to make a circuit or the thing doesn't work as well as it should. If you don't have the cpu in place right, that circuit does not work right, memory if not installed properly, that circuit does not work, same with video card, hard drives, floppy drive, everything has to make the connection. When it does, you have a good working appliance. I know that is plain as ^%$#@.

Guest bobyjo

OK... Remove the cable from the floppy drive and turn it 180 degrees. Plug it back in, that will fix that.