NF3 Ultra-D 939/AGP

Because NF3 chipset only officialy supports 1600HT.. Not 2000HT

Well whatst difference between 3 nf3 chipsets?

There are 3 arent threr?

I don't know, I have such success with this board at 2.8gh and 1:1 ram I on air I think it great board in my opinion. I think it can go over 3g on air. This is great

mobo, probably better than nf4 in my estimate.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know the default latency clock for Agp, with this bios 705. My LPB has a setting for that in the pnp area. I found my 6800 gt to run more stable with the Agp latency set at 128 (manufacturers recommendation) instead of 248 or whatever pci tool reports it at after startup. Maybe we need a bios with this adjustment. I'm trying to conquer the 5s 6800 stutter issue :confused: . And this board (once you read this thread 3 times) overclocks like mad. I've had my Sandy up to 2.8ghz on 1.44 volts OCCT stable. I'm gonna start priming when I get the time. 2.5 ghz isn't even a challenge.

Some people have reported solving the stuttering issue by not using 77.xx series drivers. Use 71.xx instead and see how you go.

Disabling fastwrites has also helped some.

bb

Well whatst difference between 3 nf3 chipsets?

There are 3 arent threr?

I don't know, I have such success with this board at 2.8gh and 1:1 ram I on air I think it great board in my opinion. I think it can go over 3g on air. This is great

mobo, probably better than nf4 in my estimate.

nForce3 150Gb = Socket 940/754 - 1600MT (Problematic chipset)

nForce3 250Gb = Socket 754/939 - 1600MT

nForce3 Ultra = Socket 939 - 2000MT

I have thermalright 90c copper with big panaflo (panasonic) cfm 90mm, 70cfm fan

and all rig on a box on my desk. The air never gets warm although I know its

bleeding heat. My His (?) ducted air cooler on my 9800 pro bleeds much more

heat. I have it at 67 now, used to be 68 but blead much more heat.

Its amazing how cool it is on my desk, I think if in box would be much more heat.

So far I'm stable, I think I will max at 260x11, vid 1.55, and 1:1 and 2.5,33,7

with sand bandwidth at 7800MB/s on air. I am waiting on Patriot ram.

Its truly stable now on 711.. Something must be wrong!!

nForce3 150Gb = Socket 940/754 - 1600MT (Problematic chipset)

nForce3 250Gb = Socket 754/939 - 1600MT

nForce3 Ultra = Socket 939 - 2000MT

There it is then, why should nvidia make 3 different nf3's? Obviously the 2000MT.

If it dosent do 2000MT then does nf4 do 2000MT? Is nf4 different than nf3 ultra

as far as that goes then? Or why did nvida make 3 nf3's then why? If its a nf3 250 why call it an "ultra". Maybe its a ultra drag queen, hey!

what hard drive do you have? Is it IDE or SATA? Are you running Raid?.. What OS is it SP1 Or SP2.

i appreciate the help

Its IDE. Nothing fancy at all, no raid. Windows XP SP2.

I can only blame it on the motherboard however, as the BIOS used to work just fine, and now if i change just about anything in the bios, it will hard reboot as soon as it gets into windows.

I run 2.7 volts on my ram when OCed, i tried 2.8 but that doesn't help it. i have a bios issue, not a ram issue.

TBH i'm so desperate i'm about to ditch this whole mobo and get teh DFI NF4 board, i have college in 2 weeks so i dont have time for an RMA. I need to get this board working now or order a new motherboard now.

...TBH i'm so desperate i'm about to ditch this whole mobo and get teh DFI NF4 board

Unfortunate for you neither dfi nf3 ultra nor dfi nf4 boards will hasten your

quick resolution in your school/life schedule. Nf4 boards being the higher

attention getter. Sorry!

I dont havetime to RMA this board, but i was just talking to my friend and i may be able to do a "reverse RMA" where DFI sends me a new mobo first and then i send in mine. Problem is, now i hate these boards and if mine ever were to mess up again i'd throw it out the window and buy a whole new board the same day. Getting rebooted everytime you get into windows when everything in the bios is on AUTO is not my idea of a good time.

I dont havetime to RMA this board, but i was just talking to my friend and i may be able to do a "reverse RMA" where DFI sends me a new mobo first and then i send in mine. Problem is, now i hate these boards and if mine ever were to mess up again i'd throw it out the window and buy a whole new board the same day. Getting rebooted everytime you get into windows when everything in the bios is on AUTO is not my idea of a good time.

I never heard of the windows rebooting issue you speak of as relating to

a, this mobo problem. Maybe a new df4 mobo might cost you some extra priceces

and make you reboot some more on a diffenret thread. Perhaps your problems

does not appear on this thread relating to mobo issues, maybe you need

reinstall. Just my IMHO.

im talking, 450/1200...now, my highest is 440/1140...with the Zalman VF700Cu...

Zalman VF700cu is jus for silent cooling not for hardcore overclocks aye.. so dun think you can push it really hard with that...reason for that may be when you chenged the motherboard might have changed the amount of airflow within the case... which might have caused the graphic card to overclock lower...

I never heard of the windows rebooting issue you speak of as relating to

a, this mobo problem. Maybe a new df4 mobo might cost you some extra priceces

and make you reboot some more on a diffenret thread. Perhaps your problems

does not appear on this thread relating to mobo issues, maybe you need

reinstall. Just my IMHO.

The thought has crossed my mind, but this is definitely a bios issue. It's random as hell. Last night i had it working NORMALLY for 40 minutes. I could change a bunch of stuff in the bios and it wouldn't reboot. I could run 1T and it wouldn't reboot. It worked normally. Then it ended suddenly when it rebooted and started rebooting everytime it hit windows, and after that 1T has not worked, and changing bios stuff makes it reboot.

It's the fact that it was working, and then started doing this, and then started working, and then started doing this again, that tells me this is all the bios being completely inconsistent. but new bioses dont fix it. Hence the whole mobo is messed up.

The thought has crossed my mind, but this is definitely a bios issue. It's random as hell. Last night i had it working NORMALLY for 40 minutes. I could change a bunch of stuff in the bios and it wouldn't reboot. I could run 1T and it wouldn't reboot. It worked normally. Then it ended suddenly when it rebooted and started rebooting everytime it hit windows, and after that 1T has not worked, and changing bios stuff makes it reboot.

It's the fact that it was working, and then started doing this, and then started working, and then started doing this again, that tells me this is all the bios being completely inconsistent. but new bioses dont fix it. Hence the whole mobo is messed up.

ok...what have you actually tried that is non-bios related???

1. unplug EVERYTHING except the Motherboard, Bootable Hard Drive and your GFX Card...all other Optical Drives, HDDs, Lights, Case Fans...and take out all PCI cards, ie tuner cards, network cards, sound cards, etc...

2. try different RAM, or, try one stick of your current RAM

3. have you run memtest on your system??? does it come up with errors

4. is your windows set to automatically reset when it encounters an error (ie, BSOD) or can you actually see a/the BSOD??? sometimes the error can help find out the problem...