NF3 Ultra-D 939/AGP

@ Oldguy, 1T has NEVER worked on this board with any bios or any speed, and i've tried stock everything.

This is on a clean install of windows. I am always sure to reformat everytime i change major parts like GPU or mobo.

CPU undervolts to 1.28 but my chip can handle it. It's stable with less than that at stock speeds... in fact, with the stock volts it can push 2.6 Ghz stable.

Plus, right now i'm at 1.66 volts, 3x HTT, 1.75 LDT, 67AGP, CnQ disabled, and 2.7Vdimm. I changed it all one thing at a time and i was able to get here. I'm afraid if i try to change my DRAM configuration (to allow me to overclock; i can't do 331 HTT at 2-2-2-5!) i won't get into windows, because everytime i've tried changing the ram for the last few days it has gotten the instant reboot.

Maybe i should clarify "one thing at a time." I have to change one thing in the bios, reboot, make sure it gets into windows, then restart and change the next thing. If i change a few things during 1 visit to the bios, it will usually do the infinite reboot, even if these are safe settings that i've been running in the past.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm having problems with windows. If I shut my pc off for too long then windows freezes at boot up. It will look like it's loading with the blue bar going across then the screen flickers and it shows the same screen but the blue bar is stuck. I waited it out for a good hour and nothing. I'm using 602 and I've had everything at stock speeds and it's still happened.

ok..well, if thats the case...

i'd say it would have somethign to do with either the HTT multi, the agp lock, or vdimm voltage...

wat was your vdimm/htt multi at to begin with???

I don't see how those things are affecting these insant reboots.

I was running it for weeks with an HTT of 311 and over, and my Vdimm was at 2.7. Believe it or not, i have been running with AGP locked at 66 and that hasn't stopped me from tackling 3 Ghz at 334 HTT.

The problem is, now when i change any of these overclocking-related settings in teh BIOS it will sometimes work fine and sometimes hard reboot right when windows loads. It makes it impossible for me to overclock so right now i'm running 1800 Mhz on my 3 Ghz chip.

@ Oldguy, 1T has NEVER worked on this board with any bios or any speed, and i've tried stock everything.

This is on a clean install of windows. I am always sure to reformat everytime i change major parts like GPU or mobo.

CPU undervolts to 1.28 but my chip can handle it. It's stable with less than that at stock speeds... in fact, with the stock volts it can push 2.6 Ghz stable.

Plus, right now i'm at 1.66 volts, 3x HTT, 1.75 LDT, 67AGP, CnQ disabled, and 2.7Vdimm. I changed it all one thing at a time and i was able to get here. I'm afraid if i try to change my DRAM configuration (to allow me to overclock; i can't do 331 HTT at 2-2-2-5!) i won't get into windows, because everytime i've tried changing the ram for the last few days it has gotten the instant reboot.

Maybe i should clarify "one thing at a time." I have to change one thing in the bios, reboot, make sure it gets into windows, then restart and change the next thing. If i change a few things during 1 visit to the bios, it will usually do the infinite reboot, even if these are safe settings that i've been running in the past.

With 705/711 the one thing at a time is fairly common (I'm one who has to do it after cmos clear, sucks)...before you put the memory on a divider, set the memory to 2T as a first thing to change. Boot into windows. Do a screeny with a A64 tweaker or right em down at default 200mhz settings. These need to be set manually in bios before switching to a divider otherwise they will adjust too tight when you drop to 166 or 133. Once you get a few changes to "stick" and you are able to boot you don't have to go through this everytime, but it's safer to only make a few changes at a time anyway...

i see what you're saying, and that's what i've been doing: changing them 1 thing at a time. But it has failed me. A few days ago I lowered my voltage, and after that i got the infinite reboot no matter what i set teh voltage to. I had to clear CMOS and re-setup the bios 1 thing at a time. This takes a long time, and if i get this after just trying to lower the voltage 1 notch at a fully stable setting, something is wrong.

I suppose the real problem is that a few weeks ago, i could change anything in the bios i wanted to change and as many settings as i could change at once, save, and get into windows. And now i can't, and no amount of bios flashing and CMOS clearing has changed that.

Why not crank the voltage on the RAM some. Try 2.8 or 2.9 to see if the stability increases. You have a Venice there which doesn't require 1.66v, and I can tell you already know that. I've had my woes with OCZ wanting more then other brands.

Why not crank the voltage on the RAM some. Try 2.8 or 2.9 to see if the stability increases. You have a Venice there which doesn't require 1.66v, and I can tell you already know that. I've had my woes with OCZ wanting more then other brands.

2.7 volts has worked for my RAM since i put this machine together. TCCD doesn't like high volts.

This is not a ram issue. This is a bios issue. I can change things in the bios that are totally unrelated to the ram (like Vcore) and have it result in the infinite reboots.

2.7 volts has worked for my RAM since i put this machine together. TCCD doesn't like high volts.

This is not a ram issue. This is a bios issue. I can change things in the bios that are totally unrelated to the ram (like Vcore) and have it result in the infinite reboots.

My OCZ PC4800's work best with 2.9~3.0v and my XBLK's work best at 2.9v, both tccd. I kept reading about tccd not liking or needing high voltage and kept steering away from it...bunch of rubbish. Just like saying "all" BH-5 needs high voltage. My G.skill BH-5's don't like much beyond 2.9v. I try every voltage I have available these days...

Guest gallo81

Hi guys,

I will recive my LP UT NF3 Ultra-D at Monday, I just want to know which are the best settings for my system at the default speeds and which is the best BIOS. My system specs on my signature.

Thank you everyone.